1.    #1  
    I just got my pre about a week ago and absolutely love it, except for the battery life of course. I have tuchstones all over the place to keep it alive and well. If I'm at the beach or an amusement park where life support isnt available, i was thinking of getting a side car for my pre. (of course i dont want to lose/ruin it at such places as well). I have verizon and looking to get a used backup. Any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by shmutt1980 View Post
    I just got my pre about a week ago and absolutely love it, except for the battery life of course. I have tuchstones all over the place to keep it alive and well. If I'm at the beach or an amusement park where life support isnt available, i was thinking of getting a side car for my pre. (of course i dont want to lose/ruin it at such places as well). I have verizon and looking to get a used backup. Any suggestions??
    The idea of having a backup phone is great. The problem is that to use it, you would have to call VZW and have them activate that phone. Then activate your Pre Plus after you get it charged.

It will be annoying, you'll spend up to 15 minutes on the phone, and VZW will get mad, possibly charging you a fee for excessive activations/deactivations.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It sounds like you might be better off carrying an extra battery with you. Much cheaper, and much less hassle.

Rob
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Either extra battery, extended battery or get one of those Energizer portable USB chargers. PastorRich said good things about the one he has and can be used for a multitude of devices not just the phone.
  5.    #5  
    With verizon now they made it easier to switch between phones, after setting up both phones online, you just dial *228 from the handset you want to use and there ya go!

I'll post the link once I can, not at 10 posts yet...