1.    #1  
    So I can't find my phone Monday and that sucks, but here's the wierd thing. It's still sending nonsensical text to people. No actual calls have been made, but a few people told me they got gibbirish text from my phone. How could this happen? Even is it's stuck in a couch cushion somewhere, wouldn't the battery be dead by now?

Should I get a new one, or wait for the rumored next Palm/HP phone?
    Perhaps someone has scooped it up, charged it up and is monkeying with it?

May want to do a remote wipe from the Palm website.

If you have something else to replace it with in the short term and your the kind of guy who would be upset to miss a new device by 2 months then it might be a good idea to hold off on replacement for the meantime.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Have you called it to see if you can hear it ringing? I lost my Pre a few months ago. Called it from my husbands phone and after 15 tries finally found it under the seat of my car.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Good idea not to leave my phone in vibrate phone. A black phone gets easily hidden in the shadows. When I first got my phone, it slipped off the seat of my car and fell into a crack by the door. I had to get a flashlight to find the darn thing, couldn't see it in the shadow of the seat (on the floor). Of course it was on vibrate, so I couldn't call myself and see where the darn thing was.
    <This Page is Blank>
  5.    #5  
    yeah, I tried calling it, goes straight to voicemail
    remote wipe should be your first step...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    yeah, I tried calling it, goes straight to voicemail
    Who is your carrier? If you have Sprint you can add Sprint Family Locator for a free trial. Locate your phone (provided it is still on) and at least know where to look (whichever places you have been) or if someone else has it (somewhere you haven't been).
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  8.    #8  
    no, I have Verizon

I have insurance, but d oI have to use it to get the same phone, or can a wait and get a discount on the new phone if/when it comes out?
    And what happens if i find my pre after I get a new one? Do I return it? Sell it?
    no, I have Verizon

I have insurance, but d oI have to use it to get the same phone, or can a wait and get a discount on the new phone if/when it comes out?
    And what happens if i find my pre after I get a new one? Do I return it? Sell it?
    Here is a link to the Verizon Family Locator service

Family Locator

Now go try and find your phone.

If you don't and end up finding it later... you can just send it to me.

Seriously... sell it, give it away, do whatever you want.
    I think some ex-American Airlines employee has it. Check with the DFW airport. ;-)
    no, I have Verizon

Insurance will provide a replacement of the same model you have. If you want something else you can always sell your replacement to someone else that lost their Pre...

If you find the old one, the insurance company requires you to return it to them. The ESN is no longer valid, and it will show up as "stolen" if it ever tries to connect to a network.

You really need to start by calling Palm and having them do a remote wipe so someone else can't charge it up and get your info. You won't lose anything because it's backed up in your profile. Based on typical Pre battery life, I'm sure the battery is dead by now unless someone else has been charging it.

If it's between the couch cushions, it will have run out of juice by now...
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Here is a link to the Verizon Family Locator service

Family Locator

Now go try and find your phone.

If you don't and end up finding it later... you can just send it to me.

Seriously... sell it, give it away, do whatever you want.
    With the verizon GPS problems, I wonder if it could get within 500 meters of where the phone actually is, and if it's under the couch where there is no gps signal, it would be even less accurate. I supposed he would at least be able to figure out if it's in the house, or if it's moving around the city in someone else's possession...

Ps, if he finds it after getting an insurance replacement, he is supposed to send it back to Assurion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Ps, if he finds it after getting an insurance replacement, he is supposed to send it back to Assurion...
    Thanks for pointing that out. I was not aware. I have only had warranty replacements and they kept the bad phones. Or I have upgraded and passed my old phone on to one of my kids.
  14.    #14  
    one last question, do I have to re-buy any applications I had?
    one last question, do I have to re-buy any applications I had?
    No, the applications will download to your new phone.
  16.    #16  
    just FYI, called my insurance, they overnighted my phone. Logged into my palm and e-mail right away, and it started downloading all the app I bought, even the ones I had downloaded. All my contacts were there. All the apps were on the pages i put them. The stuff I put in Memos was recovered. Even the recent searches in my translator were still there. Looks like all my settings were recovered. Now I just have to put all the patches back on. All in all not a bad experience, except they didn't send me a touchstone back.