1.    #1  
    OK guys, file this one under the Twilight Zone, but noticed this the other day and thought it was something I did, but now I see it in several apps.

There is a little mysterious light, like you see when you press a button that appears when several of my apps open. I can't explain it too well, but when I open App Catalog, Pandora, Fandango (and a couple others) when the window pops open to full screen it is like there is a button pressed on the lower portion of the screen (like the halo that show up when you tap on an icon). After a second this "light" goes away. Hopefully the attached pictures will show you what I mean (I circled in red). It is pretty subtle in the attached pics, but on the device you certainly can see it appear and then disappear.

It has no functional hindrance or anything, this is just a question -- does your Pre do that too? Anyone have an answer as to why this might be happening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    yep. that's documented in a thread around here somewhere. Personally I think it's just a video driver/bug sort of thing... Like artifacts you see some times in Windows.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Are these apps on your quick-launch bar?

Or are they opening in a position horizontally consistent with the light?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    yep. that's documented in a thread around here somewhere. Personally I think it's just a video driver/bug sort of thing... Like artifacts you see some times in Windows.
    Oh, never remember seeing -- and good luck searching for that ;-).

Just seemed kinda strange, was wondering if by chance it could be a "hidden button" that is being pressed programatically to perform some function.

Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Are these apps on your quick-launch bar?

Or are they opening in a position horizontally consistent with the light?
    Nope, just click from the launcher, none are on quick launch.
  5.    #5  
    Man, I'm so dumb. I figured it out. I have the 4x4 patch installed, and this only occurs when I open apps that are on the top row of the screen.

Therefore what this must be is the halo from the icon on the top row being pressed wrapped over to the bottom of my Pre's screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Oh, never remember seeing -- and good luck searching for that ;-).
    I'm glad you solved it, because I wasn't actually planning to look for that thread. It was a looong time ago.
    mmm... I also have 4x4, but also I have the named pages patch, so, it doesn't happen here.
    I had always figured it was bleed from a bottom lit screen. Needless to say, I was surprised to see it show up in screen shots.

I have a bit of that with named 5x5 launcher pages. It was worse before the name patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Man, I'm so dumb. I figured it out. I have the 4x4 patch installed, and this only occurs when I open apps that are on the top row of the screen.

Therefore what this must be is the halo from the icon on the top row being pressed wrapped over to the bottom of my Pre's screen.
    I'm glad to see your post as I've had the same "mysterious" lights...yeah, thought I was in the Twilight Zone as well.

Only problem...I have NO patches installed....??????
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I'm glad you solved it, because I wasn't actually planning to look for that thread. It was a looong time ago.
    Lol, I actually meant me searching for it. ;-)