Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ok so i use the multi mod patch and internalz and i want to download either a video or music. is there a way to hide what u down load to where it doesnt show up in VIDEOS or MUSIC PLAYER unless u go into internalz and open it? Basically if i showing my phone to some one and i have music or pics or video i dont want everybody to see is there a way to hide it.

Thanks in advance

<<Mod Edit>>

Definitive way to hide your "private" material via Captain Canada.

-
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/18/2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: added URL to solution
    CORN alert
    start speculating the content of the video in 3.2.1. Go!
    I'm not sure if there is a way to hide your adult movie downloads....what did you search for? Should be possible via the command line I would think.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a way to hide your adult movie downloads....what did you search for? Should be possible via the command line I would think.
    ROFL... Plowing it in as bluntly as possible. Win, sir. Win.
    I don't judge, I just help... ;-)
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  7. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hide the music player and video player icons. Then you would only be able to open from Internals. Should do the trick.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I have, possible, in the past, used Internalz for the purpose of hiding a particularly useful video that I didn't want anyone to steal.

Create a folder somewhere with a "." in the front of the name, like ".butteredcorn". The media indexer will not look in there.

Downloads go to /media/internal/downloads. Download the very useful video in question, then open Internalz and move it from the download folder to your new hidden folder.

You can still access the file via the Internalz open command to launch it in the video player, or in USB mode, but it will not show up in the Videos app.
    The way to do this, is if you use internalz .... make a folder marked say .private, then use internalz to move any media that you don't want in the apps there.

Then the only way to find it will be using internalz, and you should be able to launch the media from internalz, if you cannot launch the media from internalz (depends on type of media).... you can then remove the . from in front of private, this folder will now be seen by the factory application.

The key to this whole thing is the . in front of whatever file name(s) you want to use. Good luck with keeping your content *safe*. =D
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    thanks oldskool and ahitz that did it and to the rest CORN isnt always the reason to hide stuff there are people who like to stick there nose places they dont need to be.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    .... make a folder marked say .private ....
    That is a TERRIBLE name for a folder where you want to hide things. It's like naming it .lookinhereforthegoodstuff!

Quote Originally Posted by mhuggins View Post
    thanks oldskool and ahitz that did it and to the rest CORN isnt always the reason to hide stuff there are people who like to stick there nose places they dont need to be.
    I know it's not always the reason, but was it the reason this time?

come on, tell the truth, the truth shall set you free. (unless your murdered someone, then it i'll do the opposite)
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    My 2-yr old likes to grab phones and do stuff with them. Every once in a while she try's "daddy phone" instead of "iPhone mommy phone". I actually have hidden videos that were more of a PG rating so she could laugh at videos of sneezing pandas and dance to "move it move it" without worrying she'd learn naughty words or see scary things

Still, that was a well-worded non-denial on your part.
    Can't you just rename the file to a different extension?

Mhugginsadultmovie.BAK or something?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Can't you just rename the file to a different extension?

Mhuggins****movie.BAK or something?
    Then you can't launch it from Internalz without renaming it every time.
    ok so i use the multi mod patch and internalz and i want to download either a video or music. is there a way to hide what u down load to where it doesnt show up in VIDEOS or MUSIC PLAYER unless u go into internalz and open it? Basically if i showing my phone to some one and i have music or pics or video i dont want everybody to see is there a way to hide it.

Thanks in advance
    create a folder that you want to "hide" your files in. If you rename the files to start with a "." such as ".idontwantanyonetosee.jpg" it will not show up in your photo app. The photo trick works for me. I would imagine if you do the same with your videos it will work the same. When you do want to view your files just go to them in InternalZ and open them. It should open up as normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    That is a TERRIBLE name for a folder where you want to hide things. It's like naming it .lookinhereforthegoodstuff!

LOL I look at it like, nobody who is going to be going thru my phone will have any idea how to use internalz and won't have my phone in their hand without supervision long enough to muck thru the file structure and find the folder.

But yeah I get what you are saying.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    the "." trick or the MediaVault app will definitely do the trick
    Yeah, MediaVault works as well for this...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I remember reading somewhere that once MediaVault encrypts the files, they are not viewable without MediaVault. I haven't really looked into it, and like Inglorious Apps Notes app, and as far as a Dev dude is great, he has responded quickly and often when e-mailed about his apps.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast