Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sorry, I know this is a really dumb question but I can't seem to find the answer

What exactly does Mobile Hot spot do?

I thought it would allow my computer at home to connect to the internet through my phone. I currently use a cable modem along with a wireless router and was thinking I might be able to get rid of the cable internet.

Any help?

Thanks, Randy
    You can, although you'll want to compare your usage so you don't go over the 5GB cap on the mobile hotspot.
    yea mobile hot spot will cost you 20 dollars a mothn but if you already have a setup that works just use that you really dont want to step down
    Quote Originally Posted by rick96 View Post
    yea mobile hot spot will cost you 20 dollars a mothn but if you already have a setup that works just use that you really dont want to step down
    Actually that depends on your carrier. If you have installed it with Sprint it cost you nothing.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    yeah I got hotspots on my palm pre on sprint, works great and is unlimited since sprint doesn't have a data cap.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    And Verizon is free...so who's selling it for $20?
    Sprint doesn't have a mobile hotspot for free unless you hack your phone a little. They did release one for a short time (which I missed out on) but it is gone from the app catalog. Now you have to download 3 things to your phone to get it work (which I did). I think Sprint will charge you $29.99 a month in addition to your data plan to get the Mobile Hotspot now.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    If you have unlimited with ATT you can get it for free by installing those three things maryinredding referred to. The free Mobile Hotspot that comes on the Verizon Pre limits you to 5GB.
    I have mobile hotspot on sprint and I just got rid of my cable modem for a while. I plan to use my neighbors network and if that stops working then I will use my phone. It's good to live in a building sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    It's good to live in a building sometimes.
    I totally agree! That month I spent living in my car was such a nightmare.