1.    #1  
    Hello,

I recently bought a Palm Pre to replace my nokia. However I do not have any bolt ons that give me access to the web so do not want to pay extra sending an MMS. Does the Pre need to have a constant 3g connection in order to send and receive mms? Is there any way 3g can be available but only used when i send and receive an mms?

thanks
    thers a patch in preware that allows you 2 turn data on or off from the top bar drop down menu

hope that helps
    I've just tried and it looks like MMS wont work with data turned off.

You could try manually entering the Access Point settings. The internet and mms settings are separate so you could potentially only put valid info in the MMS part. You access this via the top bar menu in the dialler application. You will need to find the right settings for O2 MMS via a google search.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I've just tried and it looks like MMS wont work with data turned off.

You could try manually entering the Access Point settings. The internet and mms settings are separate so you could potentially only put valid info in the MMS part. You access this via the top bar menu in the dialler application. You will need to find the right settings for O2 MMS via a google search.
    Cheers for the help man, however I've been trying to do this but it still doesn't work. I have the correct MMS settings punched in and have left the internet tab blank, with data usage on - still no luck tho.

Cheers