1.    #1  
    So.. I have had the Pre Plus for a while now and I love it, I just a couple moths ago figured out how to install preware and learned alllll about patches and how awesome they are so I had my pre all patched up the way I wanted and I was using uberkernel and very happy and then my pre stopped working properly (im not going to go into why) but anyways after a few phone calls last week I had Verizon ship me a replacement and I now have to send my old pre back to them. I uninstalled preware and uberkernel and govnah and transferred all my pictures and music and everything to my new pre and activated it and have been using it the last couple days and everything is all good now with the new phone. I was going to go ahead and ship my old pre back but I realized I forgot to remove all my patches from my old pre! Ahh! My question is if I send back my old pre with all the patches still installed are they going to see that I was messing around with patches and decide that I have to pay the full price for the replacement pre? Or do I need to go through the process of re-installing preware and go through and remove all m patches? Or can I just hook up m old pre to my computer and use quickinstall to remove them? Or will the patches not even void my waranty? I just don't want them to get my pre and see that I have added patches and what not and say that it voids my waranty and then charge me the full price of a new pre. Any advice, thoughts? Thanks,
    Howie
    P.S. When the hell is Flash going to be on the Pre???
    As I understand it - installing patches does not void your warranty because Palm WebOS is open source.
    To answer your second question – When Hell Flashes Over!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by hboyer90 View Post
    So.. I have had the Pre Plus for a while now and I love it, I just a couple moths ago figured out how to install preware and learned alllll about patches and how awesome they are so I had my pre all patched up the way I wanted and I was using uberkernel and very happy and then my pre stopped working properly (im not going to go into why) but anyways after a few phone calls last week I had Verizon ship me a replacement and I now have to send my old pre back to them. I uninstalled preware and uberkernel and govnah and transferred all my pictures and music and everything to my new pre and activated it and have been using it the last couple days and everything is all good now with the new phone. I was going to go ahead and ship my old pre back but I realized I forgot to remove all my patches from my old pre! Ahh! My question is if I send back my old pre with all the patches still installed are they going to see that I was messing around with patches and decide that I have to pay the full price for the replacement pre? Or do I need to go through the process of re-installing preware and go through and remove all m patches? Or can I just hook up m old pre to my computer and use quickinstall to remove them? Or will the patches not even void my waranty? I just don't want them to get my pre and see that I have added patches and what not and say that it voids my waranty and then charge me the full price of a new pre. Any advice, thoughts? Thanks,
    Howie
    P.S. When the hell is Flash going to be on the Pre???
    I could be mistaken here as I'm not sure that if you perform the following it will erase patches. You could try the following on your old phone assuming you can access:

1) Launch (click/tap) "Device Info" (default app)
    2) Scroll to bottom of screen and tap "Reset Options"
    3) Choose one of the 3 Erase option buttons (Erase Apps & Data, Erase USB Drive or Full Erase)

Good luck and hope this helps.

(If this has helped you, remember the "thanks" button).
    And don't forget "Secure Full Erase" . I don't know what thanks does so you don't have to give me any, LOL