1.    #1  
    I'm wondering for those who have actually been able to update to v.1.4.5 (I subscribe to Verizon) whether or not the Landscape mode has become more functional. Since I am still getting acquainted with webOS, I'm wondering whether or not there is a decent patch that allows one to shift from portrait into landscape mode without having to do something as arcane as typing in the words 'RocknRoll'..? Thanks
    1.4.5 did not add anymore landscape functionality. There is a patch for landscape email, you can find it easily in Preware.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    1.4.5 did not add anymore landscape functionality. There is a patch for landscape email, you can find it easily in Preware.
    Well, I have to say, that's disappointing. I have been attempting to play catch up with understanding the strengths and limitations of webOS. I read or skim read most of the messages contained in the Sticky having to do with major complaints and issues. Seems like the lack of a wider application of the ability to use the landscape mode if not a major shortcoming at the least an aggravation. Was there and expectation that the webOS development team would have fixed this problem? Maybe this a question that cannot be answered.
    Do to the fact that the phone is a portrait QWERTY slider (and the Pixi a portrait candy-bar) I don't see webOS gaining landscape ability everywhere right now.

A webOS tablet could change that....

As an aside there has been some progress in some places. There are Google Map apps in the Beta App Cat that have landscape ability.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Do to the fact that the phone is a portrait QWERTY slider (and the Pixi a portrait candy-bar) I don't see webOS gaining landscape ability everywhere right now.

A webOS tablet could change that....

As an aside there has been some progress in some places. There are Google Map apps in the Beta App Cat that have landscape ability.
    Well, I did get the patch for landscape mode and email to work. The Virtual Keyboard is cool to use in this position.
    There is also a patch to make Text/IM messaging landscape mode too. Works pretty well, sometimes it rolls whenever you aren't holding the phone straight up and down. That can get annoying. But over all it works pretty well.