1.    #1  
    i installed one of the alpha kernels the 1.2 ghz and while in reboot thats when the loop started. I know about the hold the volume up to get into recovery mode problem is my volume up key stoped working weeks ago so i cant web os doctor the phone anybody got any ideas if i cant get my pre to work then ima be forced to get the epic 4g
    Unplug your battery (turn off). Don't restart, place phone either in the frig for a while or in front of your AC to cool it down. Once cold, start up and get Govnah up and change to a lower MHz - I have to use 1.005 and all is well. After your up and running again, adjust power settings as mentioned in the SR71 thread.
  3.    #3  
    thx ill give it a try
    Quote Originally Posted by semahjiscool View Post
    i installed one of the alpha kernels the 1.2 ghz and while in reboot thats when the loop started. I know about the hold the volume up to get into recovery mode problem is my volume up key stoped working weeks ago so i cant web os doctor the phone anybody got any ideas if i cant get my pre to work then ima be forced to get the epic 4g
    And next time don't install an experimental kernel unless you are able to perform the recovery techniques required to remove it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yeah if you can't doctor, using alpha kernels should not even have been a consideration. The warnings expressly tell you that you must be prepared to doctor.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    And next time don't install an experimental kernel unless you are able to perform the recovery techniques required to remove it.

-- Rod
    my volume up works on and off but now its completey stuck
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yeah if you can't doctor, using alpha kernels should not even have been a consideration. The warnings expressly tell you that you must be prepared to doctor.
    yes i am a good reader and have read it. But no offence if you cant help me no input is needed. I am freaking out over here because my phone is my life, so the last thing i wanna hear is this.
    yes i am a good reader and have read it. But no offence if you cant help me no input is needed. I am freaking out over here because my phone is my life, so the last thing i wanna hear is this.
    If your phone is your life, you should not use experimental kernels.
    Also, you will hear things which are "the last thing you wanna hear".
    Moreover, anyone here can help you. The issue is you should be able to help yourself if you use experimental kernels.
    Try an Orange sym and R button restart. It may break the loop.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    my volume up works on and off but now its completey stuck
    That's a problem for you then, cause the recovery mechanism relies on a working volume-up key.

What were you thinking installing a 1.2GHz experimental kernel on a phone that is your life? Did you not read the disclaimer that it can delete all your data or destroy your phone? Do you think we write those things just for the fun of it?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Live free or DIE!
    Im confused, Just do a battery pull then replace battery and plug the pre into the wall charger. no need to power on it will do it on its own. your pre should boot to 500 mhz by default. you can then remove the kernel or use govnah to change it to a more user friendly 500/800
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    omg yes i do know you dont put it on there for fun ok lol and im a teenager there wasnt super important stuff on there so when i say my life i mean for texting and web also time. lucky my bro has a leftover pre when he switched to evo with a workig up volume button so i will be trying the 1.2 ghz kernel again
    omg yes i do know you dont put it on there for fun ok lol and im a teenager there wasnt super important stuff on there so when i say my life i mean for texting and web also time. lucky my bro has a leftover pre when he switched to evo with a workig up volume button so i will be trying the 1.2 ghz kernel again
    omg! Read the post above yours, No need for the up volume button

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

This will always work!

1. Plug the USB cable to the charger, charger inserted.
    2. Remove the battery from the Pre.
    3. Hold down the up volume button off to the side.
    4. Put the battery back into the Pre.
    5. Insert the USB cable to the Pre. (should see a large USB logo on the screen)
    6. Can release the up volume button now.
    7. Run the webOS doctor from palm.com/rom.
    8. Plug the USB cable to the PC and Pre when the webOS doctor prompts for it.
    9. Hit next when given the option and let it do its magic.
    I give up!

Follow the link below.