1.    #1  
    So I just got a new Palm Pre Plus. While I like the phone, it keeps shutting down. I would slide it open, close it, open, close.. then it's off.. I have to reboot the whole phone.

Or I would take it out of my pocket and it's turned off.

Is there some crazy setting that I missed?
    I would expect that when you take it out of you pocket that it would be turned off. However, if you can't turn it on the obvious answer that it has a hardware fault and that you should return it.
    Maybe your battery is loose? I know some of the original Pre's had that problem and they had to stuff something where the battery was to tighten it up. I think Sprint ended up giving out the stuffers themselves when people would bring their phone in for repair.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    The problem is usually because the phone is too sensitive to bumps. Give it a try, bump it a bit and see if it crashes. Probably related to the battery. Take the phone back and get a replacement, or sometimes they can quickly repair it.
    Pet Peave: When people use photographs of themselves as Avatars. There's something unsettling about their big faces staring back at me in the forums. . . . Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    classic case of loose battery. Get them to replace the battery, or wedge some paper to keep it tight.
    Easiest way, without having to go to a Sprint store or call somebody. Fold up a piece of tissue to the size of the battery (two or 3 folds works fine) and place it underneath the battery, then put the battery over it. It worked on my original Gameboy, and on my Pre as well. I find that a problem this small isn't enough to complain to Sprint or Palm, and save the bigger issues for them (which come along all too often).
    If the phone is new take it back and get a new battery or new phone. Simple. No need for a piece of a paper on a brand new phone.