1.    #1  
    How easy is it to use the Pre Plus with T-Mobile? Would I have access to the App Catalog, be able to use the GPS, and use all the other features? I've searched the forum, and I can't find answers. Is there any kind of upgrade/transfer path from a Centro? Thx in advance for any info or clues. I have T-Mobile and I don't want to switch to ATT. I'd buy a new, unlocked phone.

Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    You wouldn't be able to access T-Mobile's 3G service.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    How easy is it to use the Pre Plus with T-Mobile? Would I have access to the App Catalog, be able to use the GPS, and use all the other features? I've searched the forum, and I can't find answers. Is there any kind of upgrade/transfer path from a Centro? Thx in advance for any info or clues. I have T-Mobile and I don't want to switch to ATT. I'd buy a new, unlocked phone.

Shneor
    I just did a quick search for you....

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre/252896-unlocked-gsm-pre-tmobile-2.html#post2566095

Everything will work just fine except 3G. You'll have a 2G Edge connection for data.

The Dual Band GSM "NA" communication board found in the Telcel Palm Pre and the AT&T Palm Pre Plus is designed specifically to use the 850 and 1900 3G UTMS frequencies. Since T-Mobile USA does not use those two specific frequencies for 3G UTMS data, there's no Palm Pre or Pixi device manufactured which will offer 3G Data on T-Mobile USA's network, even if the device has been carrier unlocked.

Who know's if that will change in the future. If HP and T-Mobile USA happen to ink an agreement, then we'll see devices with comm boards supporting T-Mobile USA's 3G frequencies.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 08/18/2010 at 09:05 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I just did a quick search for you....

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre/252896-unlocked-gsm-pre-tmobile-2.html#post2566095

Everything will work just fine except 3G. You'll have a 2G Edge connection for data.

The Dual Band GSM "NA" communication board found in the Telcel Palm Pre and the AT&T Palm Pre Plus is designed specifically to use the 850 and 1900 3G UTMS frequencies. Since T-Mobile USA does not use those two specific frequencies for 3G UTMS data, there's no Palm Pre or Pixi device manufactured which will offer 3G Data on T-Mobile USA's network, even if the device has been carrier unlocked.

Who know's if that will change in the future. If HP and T-Mobile USA happen to ink an agreement, then we'll see devices with comm boards supporting T-Mobile USA's 3G frequencies.
    Thanks!!
    I have been reading that there are initialization issues if you don't use an ATT SIM card with data, and issues with being able to access the App Catalog. Is this accurate or not? (I'm talking about a brand-new unlocked phone.)

Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad