Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The reason I put that I feel stupid is that its actually becoming dire for me to know this before tomorrow morning, will airplane mode silence any and all sounds made from sms, mms, and calling etc? Im assuming it turns off the radio so that nothing goes in or out but I want to be sure and also the reason I absolutely need to know this is school starts tomorrow and I truly cant afford to lose my phone because it went off and I cant turn it off because of the start up time it takes

BTW: I washed my school schedule so now I get to be one of the lucky ones waiting in the office for a new one! =)
    Last edited by manordwall; 08/17/2010 at 09:16 PM.
    it will silence everything and save battery.
    it wont silence any alarms you have set . time still carries on lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    or you could just set the ringer off switch to mute, that silences everything for me and I use it in law school
    Law Student, SEO Worker, PRE OBSESSED
    Sprint Pre
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Yeah I figured that one so just in case I have any I dont know about (not likely) I have my sound down and I dont think the vibrate will be very loud in my backpack in my locker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    thought of that after I posted,,ty.
    what kind of school do you go to where you are woried about your phone maybe making noice, in your backpack, in a locker?? I've got my phone out on my dek usually in class.
    I have noticed that even with the ringer switch set to off....all alarms still will make sounds too.

So just make sure to have the ringer switch off, and turn all alarms off. Also in the Sounds and Ringtones app under Rings and Alerts with ringer switch off set to mute not vibrate.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    And don't accidentally start playing any on device music or videos, those don't get silenced by the mute switch either.
    There's a patch for that... Really Silent Ringer Switch by Jason Robitaille

More information here about alarms going off when the phone is muted.

Updated version of the patch for 1.4.5
    Last edited by xenoph0be; 08/17/2010 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoph0be View Post
    There's a patch for that... Really Silent Ringer Switch by Jason Robitaille
    +1 on this one.

The Airtraffic Lite app screwed me over one day cuz apparently the splash image bypasses the Ringer Switch off, but my teacher was just like "Put it away"

Whatever though, mute switch plus that patch and you're fine. If it makes you feel any better double check alarms and turn all volumes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    are you in high school??? where else could you be that your personal property gets removed from you by it making noise one time...... I mean it's not like you are in a high level exec meeting or something.

ohhh and personally I recommend the silence all patch if you are a patcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Yeah I figured that one so just in case I have any I dont know about (not likely) I have my sound down and I dont think the vibrate will be very loud in my backpack in my locker
    Well, vibrate in fact is quite loud and noticable. Not to mention that the radio signal that comes in when an SMS, MMS or phone call comes in will interfere with computer speakers which normally set on teachers desks. It is a very distinctive interference and nearly every teacher knows it.

Airplane mode is your safe route.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Well, vibrate in fact is quite loud and noticable. Not to mention that the radio signal that comes in when an SMS, MMS or phone call comes in will interfere with computer speakers which normally set on teachers desks. It is a very distinctive interference and nearly every teacher knows it.

Airplane mode is your safe route.
    This is a non-issue with a CDMA phone (Sprint or Verizon in the US). Only GSM phones cause speakers to make lots of noise.
    the best way to silence everything it to pull the battery.

seriously, no matter what you should turn the volume down so an stray noises won't be heard.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    the best way to silence everything it to pull the battery.

seriously, no matter what you should turn the volume down so an stray noises won't be heard.
    Not much of an option due to the 3 minutes start up time for the pre and because it takes me one minute to get out of my locker and out of the school, I cant afford that incase of texts coming in about my rides home possibly
    If you are really keeping it in your locker, just silence everything (no alarms) flip the switch and put it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenoph0be View Post
    This is a non-issue with a CDMA phone (Sprint or Verizon in the US). Only GSM phones cause speakers to make lots of noise.
    While it is not as big of a problem for CDMA phones as GSM phones it does still happen. For me it has always just been the dit dit dit dat type interference. Never the loud annoying buzz you can get from a GSM phone.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    While it is not as big of a problem for CDMA phones as GSM phones it does still happen. For me it has always just been the dit dit dit dat type interference. Never the loud annoying buzz you can get from a GSM phone.
    Interesting, I've never noticed it. I'll pay more attention now, there's always a first time for everything.
    it's wednesday morning and you may be in school by now, but for future reference you might check out mode switcher. With that you can create a mode that wll turn on airplane mode AND silence ALL volumes. You can start the mode manually or you can trigger it by time of day or with the ringer switch or a number of other triggers. I wish you well in school.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast