Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Occasionally I'll have an issue w/ one row of my Sprint Palm Pre keyboard, where every other key (z, c, b, m, and return) will not work. Sometimes it only lasts for 10 or 15 minutes, sometimes a couple hours. It was only happening about once a week, but has been more frequent recently. I have not found a fix - I've tried resetting, powering down, & removing the battery. It just magically starts working again sooner or later.

I can not directly tie it to when I installed a certain patch or app, altho I haven't tried wiping or doctoring or removing things one at at time. I do use Uberkernal 800/500 screenstate, but I think it started before I installed that. I was hoping the last WebOS update would magically fix it, but if anything it's happening more often.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this and what a fix would be? Has anyone else had this issue? I am already on my 3rd Pre, and couldn't recover my Palm Profile last switch, so I really would rather not have to get ANOTHER replacement! Also, I can't get the hang of the on-screen keyboard, so that's not really a suitable work-around.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!
    I had the same problem with some keys not working so I am on my first replacement.... I have the pre plus and have only had it for 2 months now. Great phone just hope i don't continue to have this problem.
    I had a problem with my 'h' key not working randomly. I would frequently have to go back and retap the 'h' key once or twice. But haven't had the problem since I had to get a replacement Pre.
    i read someone shot a bit of wd-40 under the offending key and that solved it. I wouldn't to that to my phone... but I read about that somewhere on these forums. If a single key is sticking, it sounds like time for a new phone. I've swapped several out and the Preware & Save/Restore stuff made it almost fully automatic to recover on to new hardware.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    months ago, I had a similar problem, with the q,w,a,s,z,orange, and shift keys not working for random periods of time. I went to the sprint store, and they let me exchange it, even tho it was working when I brought it in.
    months ago, I had a similar problem, with the q,w,a,s,z,orange, and shift keys not working for random periods of time. I went to the sprint store, and they let me exchange it, even tho it was working when I brought it in.
    I had a problem with the letter 'L' and doctoring did not fix it, Sprint replaced the phone after the tech was able to duplicate the problem.