1.    #1  
    Does anyone have the pin-out diagram for the Micro-USB port on the Palm Pre?

Any help would be great.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  4.    #4  
    I wanted the specific one to the Palm Pre. Not all micro USB's are the same
    You should find that in the links I posted. I believe that it is also the same as Blackberry. You are correct that they aren't all the same, although I believe there is a later standard and the palm cable supports that. Something about combining two power leads, etc. Way over my head, but you should find it well documented here... Hopefully in those threads...

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    You should find that in the links I posted. I believe that it is also the same as Blackberry. You are correct that they aren't all the same, although I believe there is a later standard and the palm cable supports that. Something about combining two power leads, etc. Way over my head, but you should find it well documented here... Hopefully in those threads...
    Correct, but as far as I know this is in the power supply wiring not in the cable.

It is the quick charge standard, where Palm branded (and some other chargers) bridge the 2 middle pins so that they show a full 5v (I think it's 5v). This way the quick charge signal going to the touchstone tells the touchstone that the charger powering it is able to supply the correct voltage for the TS to operate.

This can be done by modifying the cable, but in the way I have read it and understand it, technically this is in the wall charger or palm branded car charger itself (not in the cable).
    keep in mind that the touchstone needs 1000mA to work. That's why you can't plug it in to your PC. It only works from a wall charger or suitable auto adapter. I have Palm and VZW auto adapters that work great with my TouchStone. I tried some cheap knock-offs and they didn't have enough juice...

Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    keep in mind that the touchstone needs 1000mA to work. That's why you can't plug it in to your PC. It only works from a wall charger or suitable auto adapter. I have Palm and VZW auto adapters that work great with my TouchStone. I tried some cheap knock-offs and they didn't have enough juice...
    Before you even get to power, it has to do with the way the charger identifies itself as USB quick charge compliant. PC's and cheap chargers don't do this.... the basic function still goes back to the quick charge compliance (this is what tells the touchstone to turn on and that it is plugged into a compliant charger).

If the touchstone gets the quick charge compliant signal, it will then attempt to operate, if the charger (or power source) does not have enough juice to actually properly power/charge with the TS you can then see things like constant connect/disconnect.

For a good example of the quick charge compliance, take your VZW charger use your Palm branded USB cable and try and use the TS with the extra port on the top. You should get NO response from putting the phone on the TS. This is not because of the lack of power (we already know this adapter can power the TS), but the 2nd port isn't compliant (we also know the Palm branded cable will work with a TS). I actually did this with a TS plugged into the hard cable from the VZW charger, my phone on the hard wired cable didn't even notice a change (since the 2nd TS was never actually powering on on the 2nd port).