1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, i am new here and i thought i would just introduce myself and ask some questions while i am at it! First off, this is my first smart-phone that i have gotten, my previous phone (and my first cell phone) was the enV2... It was a good phone, but right near the end it just kinda died on me. Anyways, i just got the Palm Pre Plus from Verizon, and i must say i love it so far. Though it is missing some features i would like, such as MSN messenger, or customizable alerts... It is a good phone and i can't complain. I have only had it for 3 days and, well, me being me, i like to look up info about this new device. Thankfully, i am a bit younger and you could say i am your typical High-school nerd/geek. While looking for tips and tricks for this phone, i stumbled upon this site and i must say, i did learn things... I really like how i can take a screenshot now, or how i can just learn about little features of the phone. So you can say i am glad i found this place haha. Now i guess that's it for the introduction. I have one question about photos now. Recently i have synced all my music manually to my phone, having to edit all the tags and filenames, and just copy the files over. (I know photos have nothing to do with music... just wait for it) Sadly iTunes will not sync with the phone, so as you can expect, i was disappointed. When i was finally done with that task, i noticed that when i went into my pictures, all the album art was there, in its own photo album. How do i prevent this from happening, and what can i do about it? Thank you for any help in advance!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Welcome aboard!

Sadly, I don't know how you can prevent album art from becoming part of your photo albums. I just ignore that photo album. As far as iTunes not working, you will want to look into doubleTwist. I don't use my Pre for MP3's much, nor do I have iTunes/iPod, but I heard a lot of good things about doubleTwist and it's abilities to sync iTunes music with the Pre and then some more.

If you're really geeky, then go check out Homebrew and WebOS Internals! There's a patch for customizable SMS alerts amongst many other patches.

Good luck!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Thank you very much! i think i can just delete the album art without it affecting the actual album art in the music app... I am looking into Homebrew as we speak, i am pretty new to this whole experience, but i think i might get the hang of it. Thank you for the recommendation also! I will see what i can do with doubleTwist, thank you for recommending that!
    Hello and Welcome! I think you will love your new Verizon Palm Pre Plus, Mine is the best phone I have ever owned. To get more out of your Palm Pre, I would suggest the following:

http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    You can also use an older version of itunes to synch directly with the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchmecho View Post
    Thank you very much! i think i can just delete the album art without it affecting the actual album art in the music app... I am looking into Homebrew as we speak, i am pretty new to this whole experience, but i think i might get the hang of it. Thank you for the recommendation also! I will see what i can do with doubleTwist, thank you for recommending that!
    I have good news for you.

First, connect your Pre via USB and using your computer delete all the music you manually edited and added to your Pre. But leave the empty music (whatever you created) folder in place.

Second, while still connected via USB, leave that window open on your computer and Launch iTunes (don't maximize the window so you can see your Pre music folder window at the same time).

Third, select all the songs in iTunes that you want on your Pre either all together or one at a time and drag and drop them in your music folder on your Pre.

All of your artwork and album info will be attached the way it is supposed to without having to manually edit... and your album artwork will NOT show up in your photos.

I have been using it this way with iTunes for almost a year and it works great.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for the suggestions all! I am using doubleTwist as we speak... Sadly i am still in my dilemma... You see, i still buy CD's, i don't buy major albums or anything digitally (its a strange mental thing, but i need to actually have the CD itself to feel like i own it ) Anyways, i get 2 CD compilations of music (If you listen to trance or heard of Anjunabeats then you know what i am talking about) I rip CD1 to iTunes, and then i rip CD2... Sadly iTunes formats the file names so it can tell the difference between CD1 and CD2... For example, i have a 13 song disk, it is disk 1 of the compilation, itunes names the files accordingly: (1-13) meaning the first number is the disk number, and the second the track number. When i put disk 2 in, the file format is the same: (2-13) meaning its track 13 of disk 2... Now to the point in what i was going at: The palm cannot see this format, and thinks track one of disk 2 is the second track on the compilation which is wrong... (another example for you, the lineup would be: 1-01; 2-01; 1-02; 2-02) So i have to get a tag editor and manually take out the numbers. However if i take out the numbers and use my music with other programs, then the other programs mess the ordering up. Hence why i have 3 different music libraries with the same music in them. I know my explanations are long, and boring to read, but i don't really know any other way to explain it... I would put pictures in here but i cant yet... Sorry if i seem to write novels every time i post, i am just new, once i figure some of this stuff out it will be better!
    Then it sounds like your only remaining issue is with multi disc compilations. Everything else will work fine using iTunes and the method I described.

Can't you just edit the Second albums info (using iTunes) to have another title and assign tracks 1-13 to both albums with no issues?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I don't have any music on my phone but I use Windows Media Player to sync music with my mp3 player and other devices and have never had an issue. Can WMP be used to sync with the Pre and if so, why don't people just use that?
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Two things:

a) WMP will not sync directly with the Pre AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $would$ $once$ $again$ $recommend$ doubleTwist.

b) The Pre does not play WMA tracks. If you encode in WMA, you will have to re-encode in MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP or WAV.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    Two things:

a) WMP will not sync directly with the Pre AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $would$ $once$ $again$ $recommend$ doubleTwist.
    OK, I did not know that. Thanks, that's good to know

b) The Pre does not play WMA tracks. If you encode in WMA, you will have to re-encode in MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP or WAV.
    I have all of my music as mp3 to avoid such problems as incompatibility. Everything plays with mp3s just nicely...

THANKS!!!
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
  12.    #12  
    Yes... but it is so tedious... and things are just so confusing... But thank you for the help! and i wanted to know if WMP would work, and you answered that for me too... I think that does it for right now. Thank you for the responses!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I can't help you with the Album art, but incidentally you have the EXACT same cellphone history as me. Wierd.