Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I use Outlook on desktop. My "view" is business card, Company name, last name, first name. I have all contacts, listed that way. When the pre revises a contact it removes "Company name" from that "view" any solutions?
    it isnt doing that on mine... are you saying it's missing when viewed in Outlook?

What version of outlook are you using? And is this new, or have you been synching for a while? what are you using as a sync conduit?
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by llaarry View Post
    I use Outlook on desktop. My "view" is business card, Company name, last name, first name. I have all contacts, listed that way. When the pre revises a contact it removes "Company name" from that "view" any solutions?
    How are you syncing the Pre to Outlook? Through Exchange or a third party app?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have Outlook 2003. I am syncing with exchange server. I use the address card view. I view as Company Name, Last name, First name. After I have opened up a contact and made a revision, from the Pre, When I get back to my desktop, that contact's view as has been revised to "last name, First name view not the Company name view as it had been originally. So when someone looks for that contact he isn't in the Company view anymore. He has been moved to alpa by his last name. View is as :
    IBM
    Smith, John.
    it gets revised to:
    Snith, John.

Thank you
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have owned the Pre since the first week ait came out and not used it because of this. The Pro is discontinued so I now get to use the Pre. Palm was supposed to be looking into this issue.
    Try this. Go into the Contacts app and swipe down on the top left corner. From the menu, select Preferences & Accounts. The first field is List Order, set it to Company & Last Name.
    Quote Originally Posted by llaarry View Post
    I have Outlook 2003. I am syncing with exchange server. I use the address card view. I view as Company Name, Last name, First name. After I have opened up a contact and made a revision, from the Pre, When I get back to my desktop, that contact's view as has been revised to "last name, First name view not the Company name view as it had been originally. So when someone looks for that contact he isn't in the Company view anymore. He has been moved to alpa by his last name. View is as :
    IBM
    Smith, John.
    it gets revised to:
    Snith, John.

Thank you
    If the issue is on your "desktop" -which I'm assuming means Outlook" then the issue is in your Outlook settings, not the Pre. You probably need to change the attributes of your default contact view in Outlook...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yes, thank you. I shows up fine on the Pre, but when it syncs with exchange server to Outlook, it doesn't show the Company in the view anymore
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    the "desktop" settings are fine. It works correctly until a contact is mocified on the Pre, then when it updates on the desktop, it doesn't show the company name