Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Anyone get any warnings when they turn on the Hotspot on a Sprint Pre?
    Seems like I'm capped at 100kbps down but my up is 450kbps. Currently I'm sprint roaming on evdo altel. This is running 1.4.5. Back on 1.4.1.1 everything wax full speed.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I have been using this for a long time on my sprint pixi with wifi (added it my self lol) and i use it as a modem all day every day while at work... Thanks for the guide lot of people will like this...

I no longer support my tether no questions were asked and i have paid for it too so this has worked through 3 updates and not one glitch with it...
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    can someone please direct me to where I can find the ipks to download??
    I just downloaded it today for my Pre and was wondering since Sprint charges for mobile hotspot on other phones, such as the EVO, will the charges start popping up on the phone bill?
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Phresh View Post
    I just downloaded it today for my Pre and was wondering since Sprint charges for mobile hotspot on other phones, such as the EVO, will the charges start popping up on the phone bill?
    No charges will not start popping up on your bill. I have been using the Mobile Hotspot for my pre for many months now and have never received extra charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by salm04 View Post
    can someone please direct me to where I can find the ipks to download??
    Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you the 2 files needed to make it work for Sprint Palm Pre
  8. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Is this still working on Sprint? Got a quick flash message saying carrier didnt allow --- and now nothing???
    not At&t though?
    Quote Originally Posted by dec View Post
    Is this still working on Sprint? Got a quick flash message saying carrier didnt allow --- and now nothing???
    I just installed this on my Pre for the first time today and got the same error. I just hit okay anyway and fired up my laptop. I connected to the HotSpot and could browse the web with no problems.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    So no one has had any problems with mobile hotspot on 1.4.5. I'm on 1.4.1, and not sure if I should upgrade to 1.4.5. I don't want my MHS to quit working. If I do update, do I need to unistall MHS then reinstall it. Thanks for any help.
    Mine no longer works. Not sure when it stopped, but just noticed in the last week. It used to work great.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Mine no longer works. Not sure when it stopped, but just noticed in the last week. It used to work great.
    Did you update the MHS to the latest version 1.1.4?
    You'll need the updated version of the "Auto-enable IP Forwarding" patch or install Freetether and enable IP forwarding manually.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski21 View Post
    So no one has had any problems with mobile hotspot on 1.4.5. I'm on 1.4.1, and not sure if I should upgrade to 1.4.5. I don't want my MHS to quit working. If I do update, do I need to unistall MHS then reinstall it. Thanks for any help.
    What version of MHS do you have? The latest is 1.1.4

In case you are using an older version, and decide to update it, you'll need the updated version of the "ip forwarding" patch or install Freetether and enable ip forwarding manually.

MHS works fine for me on webOS 1.4.5 (sprint).
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The version I have is 1.0.14 and is a patched version.
    Last edited by Ski21; 10/26/2010 at 07:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Did you update the MHS to the latest version 1.1.4?
    You'll need the updated version of the "Auto-enable IP Forwarding" patch or install Freetether and enable IP forwarding manually.
    I inadvertantly updated MHS to 1.1.4 so where can one find the updated version of the "Auto-enable IP Forwarding" patch?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I inadvertantly updated MHS to 1.1.4 so where can one find the updated version of the "Auto-enable IP Forwarding" patch?
    Here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2702687-post79.html
    Thanks. Could you also point to where I might get the 'MHS 1.1.4' file. Would like to download and save it, incase I need to doctor my phone in the future).

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Thanks. Could you also point to where I might get the 'MHS 1.1.4' file. Would like to download and save it, incase I need to doctor my phone in the future).
    If you have an earlier version of MHS ipk, just keep that. You'll be able to update it from the app cat.
    If you have an earlier version of MHS ipk, just keep that. You'll be able to update it from the app cat.
    Thanks. I was just hoping to have the file as a backup in case the update from the 'app cat' does not work in the future.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast