1.    #1  
    When I send an e-mail from my Palm Pre, the e-mail does not appear in my Sent items folder. This started happenning a couple of months ago. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? My e-mail account is with AOL, if that helps. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkSFCA View Post
    When I send an e-mail from my Palm Pre, the e-mail does not appear in my Sent items folder. This started happenning a couple of months ago. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? My e-mail account is with AOL, if that helps. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Try deleting from the Pc Site, and re-add it back. Then go on your pre, and do the same.

Best of luck..
    you need to change some settings on your aol account since aol did some changes on their servers that wont let you sync your sent items anymore...

heres what an email from AOL state:

We want to inform you of a change to our email infrastructure that will result in copies of sent emails no longer being automatically placed in your Sent folder when sent via third party email software, as of Tuesday, February 2, 2010.

In order for you to continue having your sent emails automatically placed in your Sent folder on February 2, 2010 or later, you will need to make a change in your email software settings no later than February 1, 2010. Please note that you will not be required to enter your AOL login and password as part of this process.

Below are links to help articles on how to update the settings for the most common email software

Outlook 2007
    Outlook 2002/2003
    Outlook Express
    Thunderbird for Windows and Mac
    Mail on Mac OS X

Please make the necessary updates as soon as possible.

The infrastructure change we are making will only affect email sent through third party email software. Email sent using AOL software (AOL 9.0, 9.1, 9.5, Desktop), AOL webmail, or a mobile device such as a Blackberry or iPhone will continue to have copies of sent email placed in the Sent folder.

Thank you for using AOL Mail.

Regards,
    The AOL Mail Team

here is a setting for AOL that worked for me...

Mail type: IMAP
    Incoming server: imap.aim.com
    Username: <username before @>
    Port: 143
    Encryption: None

Outgoing server: smtp.aim.com
    Use Authentication: On
    Username: <username before @>
    Port: 587
    Encryption: TLS

if this doesnt work, try putting the ENTIRE email address for the username
    Last edited by dameweg; 08/16/2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: added encryption to outgoing
  4.    #4  
    Thanks - I'll give that a try and see if it works
  5.    #5  
    Still not working - I even tried "Removing Account" but the phone just keeps spinning and the account doesn't get removed. Hhhhmmm, it may be worse now . . . I tried sending an e-mail and it stays in the Outbox and doesn't get sent.
    There is some corrupt file(s), Try running a webos utility repair, and see what happen. If that dosent work, then the problem is AOL server. This issue I had also, and I went on the full site(PC), delete my account and add it back, and it work.

Did you delete/Add your on line account.

Last step is to doctor the phone, make sure to save all patches
    with save/restore, prior procedure. Make sure you use the
    newest versions of webos doctor. Here you go: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    my bad MarkSFCA

i forgot to include...

for outgoing...
    use encryption: TLS

if it still doesnt work...

try this..

remove the account, wait for it to finish removing the account (may take more than 5 mins)
    restart the phone (through device info or use the ringer switch method)
    add the account back to the email app (manually add it)

and it should work

and please do update us if it worked or not so we can find a solution =)
    Last edited by dameweg; 08/17/2010 at 05:03 PM.