1.    #1  
    I recently updated to 1.4.5. I installed UberKernel and restarted when it told me to, but when the device started to turn back on it couldn't get past the palm logo (before the glowy bit) and it has continued to stay on the screen every time I turn it on. When I try to WebOS Doctor the phone it recognizes the device, but won't allow me to get past the "battery charging screen", it always says the phone disconnected.

Suggestions?

EDIT: The phone is now completely bricked and won't even get to the palm logo. I guess there's nothing I can do, but if you have suggestions then thanks!
    Last edited by dylanmagruder; 08/16/2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanmagruder View Post
    I recently updated to 1.4.5. I installed UberKernel and restarted when it told me to, but when the device started to turn back on it couldn't get past the palm logo (before the glowy bit) and it has continued to stay on the screen every time I turn it on. When I try to WebOS Doctor the phone it recognizes the device, but won't allow me to get past the "battery charging screen", it always says the phone disconnected.

Suggestions?

EDIT: The phone is now completely bricked and won't even get to the palm logo. I guess there's nothing I can do, but if you have suggestions then thanks!
    you should just do a little searching.. being an alpha tester, you should know about your option to boot your phone in a "recovery mode"
    Try this:
    1.) take out your battery
    2.) plug your Pre into a WALL OUTLET
    3.) an icon should appear
    4.) press the volume rocker UP, and keep pressing
    5.) while keeping the 'volume up' pressed, pull out the cable from the wall charger and plug it into your computer
    6.) now insert the battery. Your pre should now boot into recovery mode and you can use your various doctors.

good luck alpha tester, your test result notes would be helpful to assist others with helping you get out of your jam..