Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Title says it all (:

For just running apps, 3d battery intensive games, etc.
    As long as you want it to....or put another way...until you turn it off.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    As long as you want it to....or put another way...until you turn it off.
    But any figures supposing it constant usage?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    After I switched to Pixi and switched my Pre to airplane mode it lasted more than a week but with no usage
    You mean like battery life? If so...I had it set on airplane mode while in Europe this spring. Phone could stay on continuously at least 55+hrs.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You mean like battery life? If so...I had it set on airplane mode while in Europe this spring. Phone could stay on continuously at least 55+hrs.
    Yep I did Sorry if it wasn't clear

Is that on standby or with usage? I'm talking running CPU intensive apps, like some of the gameloft 3d games for example.
    Depends on the app, with VBA I got almost 10 spread out over 18 hours of flight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    Yep I did Sorry if it wasn't clear

Is that on standby or with usage? I'm talking running CPU intensive apps, like some of the gameloft 3d games for example.
    Standby only....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Depends on the app, with VBA I got almost 10 on an 18 hour flight
    Thats pretty good. It's not 3d though and I understand that the 3d apps like N.O.V.A and such would cause a more significant battery drain?
    Maybe an hour is you are watching a video movie!

Not long enough for a 3 hour flight, but music or audio only should get you through a 3 hour flight.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Maybe an hour is you are watching a video movie!

Not long enough for a 3 hour flight, but music or audio only should get you through a 3 hour flight.

Rob
    Thanks a lot man (: Funny because the flight I'm going on is 3 hrs long!

May have to get the extended battery or something..
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    Thanks a lot man (: Funny because the flight I'm going on is 3 hrs long!

May have to get the extended battery or something..
    When I flew to Austria mine lasted the entire 9 hour flight and I listened to music (using Music player remix) at least 6 hours. I also typed a document using Scratch word processor and sent a few texts before taking off. I don't recall if I played any of my games, but if I did it wasn't for long. I did wake the screen up a number of times as well.

However, I did buy an energizer portable battery pack with USB port and it has an 8000 mah capacity. Just last week I carried it in my motorcycle with me to Sturgis and charged my Pre to 100% three seperate times and a friends phone as well and never plugged the Energizer in for a recharge.

So I am confident I could get through a 9 hour flight with that and play or watch whatever I wanted to the whole time.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Rich is this the model you were using? EnergizerĀ® XP8000 Portable Charger for Netbooks and More!

Don't have a need for one now, but will be something to keep in mind in the future.

How long does it take to charge the powerpack back up? Pretty impressive that it can power a freakin netbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Rich is this the model you were using? EnergizerĀ® XP8000 Portable Charger for Netbooks and More!

Don't have a need for one now, but will be something to keep in mind in the future.

How long does it take to charge the powerpack back up? Pretty impressive that it can power a freakin netbook.
    Yep, thats the one. I got it on Woot.com for a great price ($50). I posted a thread on it the day it was on woot.

I don't know yet. I haven't ran it down yet. I am waiting to deplete it before I charge it again. The site says 3-4 hours for a full recharge. But I charged it fully 3 weeks ago and have used it at home a couple of times to test it, and at Sturgis as indicated in the post here and it is still showing a full charge. I am impressed.

One little thing I have noticed is that the charge won't register until the pre goes to sleep and then wakes up while connected. So I just press the power button to put it to sleep then press again to wake it up and it charges after that unattended.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Me too. I think for four days.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Yep, thats the one. I got it on Woot.com for a great price ($50). I posted a thread on it the day it was on woot.

I don't know yet. I haven't ran it down yet. I am waiting to deplete it before I charge it again. The site says 3-4 hours for a full recharge. But I charged it fully 3 weeks ago and have used it at home a couple of times to test it, and at Sturgis as indicated in the post here and it is still showing a full charge. I am impressed.

One little thing I have noticed is that the charge won't register until the pre goes to sleep and then wakes up while connected. So I just press the power button to put it to sleep then press again to wake it up and it charges after that unattended.
    Nice good to know. $50 is a killer deal for real.
    Took a 4 hour flight watching Lord of the Rings the whole way. Still at 80 er so when I was done.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I went camping last weekend up in adirondacks, no cell coverage period, 4 people, all 4 carriers, nothing w/in 20+miles. Had the pre on airplane from thursday moring to sunday night. Played games each night, used it as a flashlight, took 76 pics, used as alarm in morning, used for audio while fishing. 5+hrs total..... Came home with it on 32%
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post

Awesome to know Im going away tomorrow so wont be able to pick one up, but hey, may get it for future

Oh anyone know if you're allowed to take the Touchstone through handluggage. I understand you aren't allowed magnets or something.. So I was just wondering.

I want it basically for a stand to watch stuff on