1.    #1  
    I know there are a lot of posts on the issues of syncing up contacts with Google, but I can't seem to find an answer or a fix.

I am attempting to clean up a LOT of duplicates in my address book. I did a sync from my Pre to my Google account; however, not all of my contacts in my phone are transferring to my Google account. I can't seem to find out why. Can anyone help out there?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    how many transferred and how many didn't? how did u sync your Pre go google initially?
    Find 3-5 (or more) that didn't sync, and look for consistencies between them.
    If you have Facebook contacts that were not already google contacts, then those are not going to sync. But all of your google contacts should sync.
    I was under the impression Contacts didn't sync between accounts. It used to be you created a contact on the Palm profile and switched the default to Gmail and click sync, it would do nothing.
  6.    #6  
    944 total contacts, only 255 transferred. Some are contacts that I put in manually (names of restaurants nearby, new friends, etc). Not sure exactly why some people. Some of them had FB contacts linked to them, some did not. There doesn't seem to be any sort of connection.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    How much time have you allowed for the transfer? Just hitting sync does not instantly sync all 944 contacts. Leave it overnight and check it in the morning.
  8.    #8  
    I did the transfer via the Data Transfer Asst twice yesterday. Both times, it seemed to stop around 250. Can't figure out for the life of me how to move everything. Have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of typing today...
    Download the patch from Preware that lets you "Save all Contacts via Email". Its going to save them in a card reader format that you can easily import into google manually. Its a lot easier.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Easiest way to do it:
    Install "send all contacts via email" patch.
    Then use it to send your complete contact list to your email (as attachment)
    Save the file to your computer.
    Import the contacts into your google email account.
    Quote Originally Posted by reverb77 View Post
    I did the transfer via the Data Transfer Asst twice yesterday. Both times, it seemed to stop around 250. Can't figure out for the life of me how to move everything. Have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of typing today...
    I think you are confusing the different applications here.

The Data Transfer Asst does not transfer information to Google. It transfers it to your local Palm Profile.

I think you also may be misunderstanding how the Pre "syncs". It will not sync information from your Palm profile to your Google account. What it will do is show information from both accounts on your Pre. That's not a synch, it's Synergy, which provides a unified view.

Let me give you an example. Say I have Jane Doe stored in my Palm Profile with an email address - jd at jd.com, and no other information. Then I put Jane Doe in my Google account with a phone number - 555-555-1234. When I look up Jane Doe on my Pre, both pieces of information will be there.

However, the entry in my Palm Profile will still only have the email address, and the entry in Google will only have phone number. Nothing is "synced", it is only brought together for display on the Pre.

If you want all of that information to be in your Google account, and to then have Google updated with any changes you make on your Pre (which sounds like your goal), here's what I would recommend you do.

• Install the patch that allows you to send all of your contacts as a VCF file.
    • Export the contacts (this will only be the contacts in the Palm Profile), and look over the file to ensure you have everything you want.
    • Remove the Google account from your Pre (temporarily)
    • Import the contacts into your Google account using your computer. Clean them up there - Google has an option to clean up duplicates. Ensure that all of the entries you want are in Google.
    • Delete all of the entries in your palm profile (again, ensure Google has everything you want). Probably the easiest way to do this is to (temporarily) remove all the accounts on your Pre except the Palm profile. Then delete the entries.
    • Add Google back to your Pre (and any other accounts you want).
    • Set Google as the Default Account on your Pre.

At this point, all of the Google contacts will show on your Pre. Any future entries you make on your Pre will go to your Google account.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think you are confusing the different applications here.

The Data Transfer Asst does not transfer information to Google. It transfers it to your local Palm Profile....
    The data transfer assistant will transfer information to Google OR your Palm profile you can decide which one you put it in.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    The data transfer assistant will transfer information to Google OR your Palm profile you can decide which one you put it in.
    Thank you, I stand corrected (you can probably tell how often I've used it, huh?)
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the help everyone. I downloaded the patch and all is well!!