1.    #1  
    I installed the mobile hotspot on my Sprint Palm Pre and I'm having a few issues. It seems even when I have the hotspot turned off it still drains my battery extremely fast. Is there something else I need to do? Another issue is that the hotspot connection shows on my laptop wireless, but when I connect to it the internet will not work. Any suggestions?
    Bring a USB cable with you and have it charge while you're on the hotspot.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Stung is right, connect to a USB port unless you're just going to use it for something real quick.

I've noticed that sometimes when I connect, the wireless indicator in the task bar has a warning message that Internet is not available but when I fire up a web browser, it connects and the indicator goes away. No clue why it does that.
  4.    #4  
    Even when I'm not using the hotspot app my battery strill drains faster than usual ever since I have install the mobile hotspot.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I installed the App about 2 weeks ago and have not noticed any change in battery life.
    If you are using Mobile Hotspot with your Sprint Pre, it can be expected that it will not work with your Sprint Pre, considering Sprint does not offer the Mobile Hotspot. There are some people that have been lucky enough for it to work. I myself am one of them.

Draining battery, I cannot say I have this issue. I get about a day out of my phone with mild usage. When Mobile Hotspot is in use, it will definatly use up your battery.

Take into account that your Mobile Hotspot doesn't appear to be functioning properly. It is easily understandable to say that this is the root of your problem.

How did you go about installing this application? What version of Mobile Hotspot and FreeTetherD are you using? To possibly get Mobile Hotspot functioning, you need to be running the .14 version of the application and .3 or higher of free tether.

Hope that helps.
    You have to actually turn it off within the Mobile Hotspot app, not by just closing the app. I didn't realize this when I first installed it on my Sprint Pre and wondered why my battery was draining so fast. Then I opened Mobile Hotspot and turned it to off and now I have normal battery drain.
  8.    #8  
    These are the two links I installed.

us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipkwill
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk

Are these the most current? If not, How do I go about deleting them and installing the current apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred3185 View Post
    These are the two links I installed.

us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipkwill
    com.palm.app.mobilehotspot_1.0.14_all-already_patched.ipk

Are these the most current? If not, How do I go about deleting them and installing the current apps?
    Correct those are the most current, try removing them with WebOS QuickInstall or Preware and see if your Battery Drain goes away.
  10.    #10  
    I believe I have resolved the battery issue, but I am still having problems connecting to the internet. I looked at the connection and sharing map and it shows that there is a connection between my PC and the mobile hotspot, but no connection from the mobile hotspot to the internet. I tried to do a repair and it still didn't work. Anyone know the solution to this?