Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I unlocked an AT&T phone and I am successfully using it on Cincinnati Bell with data working. The profile downloaded just fine, but the app catalog says "The action could not be completed, try again later.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    Have you considered accessing the app catalogue via Preware? Although you are unable to connect through the app catalogue app, I wonder if viewing the appropriate feed in Preware will be of any assistance.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Same problem with preware. I can get to the homebrew apps, but not the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    I unlocked an AT&T phone and I am successfully using it on Cincinnati Bell with data working. The profile downloaded just fine, but the app catalog says "The action could not be completed, try again later.

Any thoughts or ideas?
    In order to have App Cat with ATT you have to activate it with ATT sim with data plan on it. Even if you activate it with genuine ATT sim that doesnt have data plan you will not get the catalog let a lone with some other sim.

Sorry thats how it is for some reason. For more flexibility try to get Euro versions of the phone they are more expensive at start but issues like this don't come up.
    I am in the exact same position as reast. any solutions yet?
    I can install everything on Preware without a problem except for the official App Catalog apps. very frustrating.
    Palm Pixi Plus for ATT.
    Activated for the first time in the US after being unlocked.
    English/US.

After unlocking i did a full erase and signed into my profile. everything works but the app catalog. Preware allows me to download patches and homebrew apps but not app catalog official apps. I get the yellow triangle and sometimes the "app does not support your carrier" error.
    Have you tried using meta doctor?
    negative on the meta doctor.
    I really think it is something else besides the yellow triangle of deathmost people are gettin because often times the error messgae will be "your carrier is not supported"
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post

Any thoughts or ideas?
    I had the same issue. Just now I downloaded the appropriate WebOS Doctor, reset my phone, created a new profile and .. voila! I now have access to the App Catalog. Cheers.
    This did not work for me.
    yes
    Just for anyone with a similar issue I found a work-around.
    I tool out the sim card and booted the phone without it. Then turned on wi-fi. I then downladed several apps using the http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...k-fetcher.html tool to install dummy versions. Then I opened the AppCatalog. However, I still got the yellow triangle of death but after a few "back gestures" I clicked on shopping bag and the apps started to update and then finally installed.

hope this works for someone else, saved me a lot of frustration with my new device.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Interesting stuff... I have app cat but only free apps... when accessing a paid app via preware it says my OS isn't compatible. I activated for the first time in Canada.

I havn't tried a full erase though.... I could try that and log in again with my normal profile. Or make a new profile. I would bet that using a new profile will give me access to the app cat. But I'll lose all of my backup data. I can try it sometime. However, I'll only do that if there is a paid app I really can't live without. So far free apps are fine by me.

EDIT: Found a workaround. I sent myself the link (from the app gallery here on PreCentral). In my email on the Pre, I clicked through the link and it brought up the app cat, and allowed me to purchase the app just fine. I suspect if I clicked the link on the site while in the Pre browser it would work too.
    Last edited by Ecode; 10/11/2010 at 07:59 PM.