1.    #1  
    Hi all,

First, my problem is that my Pre won't reboot or even allow itself to be doctored.

Last night I was getting my Pre ready to do a full doctor, that's what I do when a new version comes out.

So I downgraded my overclock using the recovery kernel in Preware, that worked fine.

Then I copied all my data off my USB partition.

Then I erased my Profile. I do that so I don't have any patch re-installs to get incorrect data after the doctor.

A lastly, I did 'for the first time' a 'Full' erase, but the version that does the security and writes the zeros.

I fell asleep while that was happening.

I woke up and found that my Pre fell off the touchstone, and the battery was dead.

So I assume it was still zeroing out the memory with the full erase and the battery died during the process.

I plugged the Pre in and charged up the battery and the Pre now just starts to reboot but just to the first standard 'palm' logo but not the pulsing palm logo.

And I guess I should also point out that I had done the over the air upgrade the other day, and everything was working perfectly, minus a few patches that were not updated yet. Preware however was not showing all the installed patches, that were working. I didn't care because I knew I was going to doctor my phone anyway.

So now I'm stuck it just won't doctor.

I ran the doctor program, and plugged the Pre in when asked to, and it just sits there at the palm logo.

When I plug it in I do get a message on my PC that the driver did not load properly, but isn't that standard when doing a doctor?

I did reboot my PC. I'm not sure what else to try.

Do I really have a totally unrecoverable Pre?

Thanks everyone!

Rob
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/16/2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Closed Per OP Request
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Try the instructions here: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Try the instructions here: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    Thank you so much, I did not know the trick to hold the 'UP' volume key to get around the problem.

Wow, I just learned yet another neat trick for WebOS in a complete pinch.

Let's see if I have any more issues, but so far, as I write this, the Pre is getting doctored.

Thanks again.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

probably should ask a mod to uodate the title to be less provocative...
    That's not so provocative... I've seen provocative, and that not it. I mean if it were truly provocative it would be wearing ...oops... sorry, mind wandered there. I'll clarify the title.