1.    #1  
    I know many of us are overclockin our pres and worried about high temps, but with winter around the corner, I was worried if there's a 'too cold' temperature too. I had my Pre on my vent mounted TS last night and Govnah said it dropped to a lowly 11* C, or nearly 52* F. I know this is far from freezing, and many of you will see temps lower than this (not much for me in FL :P), so I was curious... How low can a Pre go? I did notice my screen seemed a little unresponsive at this temp, and when trying to do a screen capture, well, it wouldn't :P. So, any sub-zero Pres out there and what's the coolest your Pre's been?
    I don't think it matter I had my Pre last winter and it was fine.
    the main issue would be moisture from condensation. Should be fine, though.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I keep mine mounted in front of the vents in my car as well. There have been a couple of times that the screen will be unresponsive or just acting weird when it's gotten cold. I never checked the temp at the time though. I don't know that any lasting damage would be done to the phone by the cold. Always works normal again after moving it away from the vents for a little while...
    I agree with Workerb33... condensation would be my only concern in the summer, but not in the winter. Using a device out in the cold isn't a problem. I use my phones out ice-fishing (0-32 degrees), but with the touch-screen devices you can't use a gloved hand... that sucks (but they work fine).
    I highly doubt that Florida has ever seen a temperature cold enough it bother the Pre (not even during the last ice age).

The occasional time I left my phone in the car over a -30c night, while I stilled lived in Edmonton, never seemed to cause any long term issues.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer513 View Post
    I know many of us are overclockin our pres and worried about high temps, but with winter around the corner, I was worried if there's a 'too cold' temperature too.
    Winter around the corner?? Its only August. Lets enjoy the sun before we freeze. us up here in the Northwest just started summer
    Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer513 View Post
    ...but with winter around the corner...
    LOL, someone from Florida saying winter is around the corner, now that is FUNNY!!!

Seriously tho, I used my Pre outdoors last winter when it was -12 (F) up here in Wisconsin. Not on purpose mind you -- forgot it in my car over night. It was not plugged into the charger either. When I went out the next morning I expected the battery to be dead but it still had a significant charge left and the touch screen and everything worked just fine.

I seriously think heat is always a bigger issue than cold.
  9.    #9  
    in my head winter's around the corner :P. I hate these damn 100* days, and can't wait for the chilling 50* winters :P