1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I couldn't find anything...

I am constantly getting booted off chats and then signed back in again while I'm in the middle of a conversation. I have Google talk, AIM, and yahoo, and it's usually Google talk and yahoo that is the problem. It's been this way for months and it's driving me crazy! I will be in a conversation with my wife, and she only gets half of what i send her, and shows her as signing in and out.

Any suggestions? I am on Sprint with a Pre.

Thanks
    Happens to me too...Mostly it happens over WiFi. I chucked it up to bad WiFi connection courtesy of the Pre's "wonderful" hardware.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  3.    #3  
    Mine seems to happen mostly when I'm using a tower rather than wifi. Even when I have a strong connection.
    My guess would be, and this is just a guess since I don't use those services, is that it is a data issue combined with the way the service communicates your online status.

A lul in data (tower or wifi), causes the service to think you dropped connection (just as if you closed the app on your computer). My thinking is the ping time is too short on the service end to allow for the way mobile data functions, and thus the service signs you off before the mobile side has reestablished solid data.

If this is the case of course it is going to be a very big YMMV, because as we all know, cell reception (especially data) varies greatly by location as well as by the way the radio/towers/service prioritize connection (or what the radios will attempt to connect to).
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Lately I've been getting booted from google chat, but its still showing me as connected. My only clue is a lack of messages from my wife and that the buddy list doesn't change for a long time. My mother actually called me to make sure I didn't lose my phone or something.

I'm in a 4-bar area most of the day, though there is one total dead zone on my way to/from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Happens to me too...Mostly it happens over WiFi. I chucked it up to bad WiFi connection courtesy of the Pre's "wonderful" hardware.
    While I've had issues with the Pre's hardware (on pre #4), I've NEVER had any problem with the WiFi radio, which I've actually found to be quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    While I've had issues with the Pre's hardware (on pre #4), I've NEVER had any problem with the WiFi radio, which I've actually found to be quite good.
    I'm with you on thw wifi radio, been great for me combined with my D-Link router at home, and the public wifi at my work.

Also when I was at Oakland Colosseum a few weeks back, I was able to locate 5 or more Wifi signals, with high signal strength.
    How do u have yahoo IM????????? I want it
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    just go to the preferences in the messaging app then select add account