Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got a T5 screw driver and tighten my pre, and now it feels really solid.

Are you sure this is the phone you planning to keep for three years. I doubt that. But who am I to make such judgement.

I hope it work out for you though. If not, forum members and I, will be here to try and answer all your problems. :-)
    Last edited by rush; 08/16/2010 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I got a T5 screw driver and tighten my pre, and now it feels really solid now. I would strongly recommend everyone to get, and use one.
    That is an extremely dangerous recommendation.

There is a tiny little sticker over at least one of the screws with a tiny little palm logo on it. If you remove this sticker, which you must do to tighten up the rails, you will void your warranty. If you are out of warranty, or just don't care, this is a great suggestion, but recommending it without pointing out that it voids your warranty is not a great plan.

Also, please keep in mind that these are TINY screws set in relatively soft material. A torques screwdriver will never skip, so it's VERY easy to strip the screws if you're not careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    You're right about voiding your warrantee, if the seal is broken. I forget all about explaining that part.

Tighten the other five screws, with the exclusion of the one with the palm sticker over it.

T5 screwdriver is without a doubt, will fit those screws perfect. I've use this on all my five replacement palm pres'.

Return them for either fixing, or replacement. Never had any problems getting them exchange. Keep in mind also... That's not the only thing that can void your warrantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNstephen View Post
    *Sigh* Just found another problem today with my Pre...

I was using my Palm Pre (web surfing, basic apps) for approximately 2 hrs plugged in w/ Wi-fi on and the back became a little warm and there were white/yellow "splots" on the right side of the screen - these splots are white on a dark bkground, yellow on a lighter bkground. After a while, they were gone but would show up after approximately 20 min of use, these would show up again.

Should I be concerned and send it in for an exchange (3-4 wks)?

Thanks
    If you're still within 15 days by all means. They should just treat it as a DOA and give you a new phone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I love the hard case I use with the built in slider. Never have to even think of this issue.
    I use the GRT case - completely eliminates oreo. I wish it was a little smaller, but you can't have everything.

By the way, I've had my Pre over a year and have had very little oreo effect at all. I use the keyboard all of the time - over 21,000 openings/closings.
    That is an extremely dangerous recommendation.

There is a tiny little sticker over at least one of the screws with a tiny little palm logo on it. If you remove this sticker, which you must do to tighten up the rails, you will void your warranty. If you are out of warranty, or just don't care, this is a great suggestion, but recommending it without pointing out that it voids your warranty is not a great plan.

Also, please keep in mind that these are TINY screws set in relatively soft material. A torques screwdriver will never skip, so it's VERY easy to strip the screws if you're not careful.
    uuhhhh, wait a minute.

a while back, I definitely pushed that thing in with a pen or something. I thought it was like a reset button. I also like punching things in, because I'm weird.

LOL, did I unwittingly void my warranty?
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    LOL, did I unwittingly void my warranty?
    That's simple. Pull off the battery cover and look at it. If it is broken/torn/missing/punctured or clearly tampered with, then yes. Your warranty is null and void. I don't believe this would void your Sprint TEP, but it almost certainly voids your warranty with Palm.
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    talking 'down' to somebody because they do not wish to use a the slider keyboard as though the keyboard is the only thing that a pre offers is rude.

and, in the real world, there are phones that operate in a business & recreational environment - and there are phones that are telephones and features.

which unfortunately, for folks that want a phone that thrives in both - makes the pre a 'feature' phone. A truly wonderful toy for games, surfing, texting, and if a person is interested - making phone calls...

my pre is original, no case to to protect it, crack on usb port - and it has a wobble and a creak that I've learned to ignore.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CDNstephen View Post
    *Sigh* Just found another problem today with my Pre...

I was using my Palm Pre (web surfing, basic apps) for approximately 2 hrs plugged in w/ Wi-fi on and the back became a little warm and there were white/yellow "splots" on the right side of the screen - these splots are white on a dark bkground, yellow on a lighter bkground. After a while, they were gone but would show up after approximately 20 min of use, these would show up again.

Should I be concerned and send it in for an exchange (3-4 wks)?

Thanks
    Mine shows this behavior and I don't worry about it too much. Only happens when it's hot, and even then it's not all that noticeable (to me). I've read about this characteristic with many examples so the chances of getting a replacement with the same problem is probably pretty good.
    Put on some polarized glasses and look @ your screen in the daylight if you want to see those more clearly, when it's not so hot.

All 10 of my Pre-placements had the spots in different places. Nothing ever came of it, or failed screenwise....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12