1.    #1  
    My Pre fudged the bucket randomly after repatching 1.4.5.

The phone makes the device connected sound and then shortly makes a disconnecting sound as if the phone is powering on and off upon startup failure. The doctor hangs at "connect your phone..."

What do I do next?
    first put your phone into dev mode it is reset after the update . then delete web doctor and reload the newest version and that should fix you up.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    I think I forgot to mention that I can't power up the phone. It hangs on the palm logo and then flickers about ~90 seconds. It seems like it's stuck looping in the bootup.

I also noticed that the Palm logo doesn't glow as usual.
    Try taking out the batt. Also here you'll find the new webos doctor versions: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    Taking out the battery is the only way to turn it off, but it doesn't let it boot. I just downloaded 1.4.5. The doctor isn't recognizing the phone.
    Try This to put your pre in recovery mode,,

I just did a copy and paste from another thread... I was to lazy to type it all.

1) Turn your Pre completely off. If you can't turn it off, remove the battery to kill it. If you have to take the battery out, leave it out until I tell you to put it back it.
    2) Plug your Pre into the USB port on your computer.
    3) Press and hold the volume up button. Do NOT let go of the volume up button until I tell you to.
    4) Turn on your Pre. If you had to remove the battery, put it back in now.
    5) Within a few seconds at most, (maybe instantly) you should see a large USB symbol that fills the screen of the Pre. Once you see that symbol, you can let go of the volume up button.
    6) On your desktop run the WebOSDoctor.
  7.    #7  
    I've also tried in recovery mode, still inoperable.

^^Deaton030, I have the big USB symbol and it's in recovery mode.. and has been sitting on that "connect your phone.. " screen for 20 min now. =/
    So i am maybe thinking something with the novacom driver,, its a bit picky.
    Sometimes I will connect my pre and all will be fine but when i go to connect it later for some reason I will have to 1. restart my computer or 2. just restart novacom and then my computer will recongnize my pre,,
  9.    #9  
    I thought the same actually. I just uninstalled everything related, and edited a brand new MSI for novacom (win 7 x64) and installed it again, still nothing even in recovery mode.

This thing is going to find its way into the neighbors wall.
    That sucks, not sure what else I can tell you, maybe someone else here has a solution for you. sorry i could not be more help.
  11.    #11  
    Thanks anyway..

I did notice that there's a device called "Palm" when it's in recovery mode that windows says there's no such driver for because it's not on windows update.. wth.
    Keeping it in recovery mode, unplug the usb then plug it back in.
  13.    #13  
    Did it about 683 times... lol
    With the Doctor sitting at Next?
    Try a different USB port if so.
  15.    #15  
    I also did that. Tried Front, back, and 3.0 ports.
  16.    #16  
    The doctor has been on next, less a few reboots since this thread started.

Oh boy, what kind of shenanigans did I get myself into.. I hope my parents don't think I burned down the apartment. haha.
    I just noticed you mentioned having diver problems, hmm.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2383303
  18.    #18  
    I got it to do something finally. I reinstalled novacom. Restarted. Uninstalled novacom. Restarted. Ran Dr and IT installed novacom correctly, I guess.

Whackywavinginflatablearmflailingtubeman, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by satchmo0016 View Post
    I got it to do something finally. I reinstalled novacom. Restarted. Uninstalled novacom. Restarted. Ran Dr and IT installed novacom correctly, I guess.

Whackywavinginflatablearmflailingtubeman, man.
    What fixed it was that you restarted Windows. Sometimes novacom will get stuck to the point it requires Windows to be rebooted.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup