1.    #1  
    I was playing Wacky Golf and my phone froze (the phone was pretty hot) so I restarted it (it's done that before).

This time though, after restarting, all my installed apps were gone, with only the default ones remaining! All my patches are still installed and working though...??

Any idea how I can get my apps back?

Thanks!
    a partial erase will prompt you to sign back into your palm profile and restore all app store and local apps, but I believe it will also delete all homebrew apps and patches.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Thanks... that sucks! Is there no way to do this without erasing everything? What about all my app data?

btw, Bell Pre OS 1.4.5
    not sure about app data , but it does not delete anything on the usb portion . only the full erase touches the usb drive portion of the phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    Huh... well, it appears my USB portion has already been erased.

Have other had this issue? My lame search abilities turned up squat
    wow dont know why this would happen . did you have any kernals installed ? or something? anyways if it did erase everything already you should go ahead and do a full erase and all your apps will download when your prompted to sign into your profile
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I just created a thread on this too. Sounds identical to my situation. I'm still figuring out how I'm going to find all my paid apps.
    They aren't showing, but when I go to a known purchased one, it'll allow me to download it for free.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVisibleShadow View Post
    I just created a thread on this too. Sounds identical to my situation. I'm still figuring out how I'm going to find all my paid apps.
    They aren't showing, but when I go to a known purchased one, it'll allow me to download it for free.
    Good luck!
    you can do it that way or you should be able to do a partial erase and it should reload all your apps according to what was saved on the profile
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  9.    #9  
    Shadavis08

I had the precentral kernals and kernal manager installed (can't remember what it was called), but I wasn't using any of them, just the default (although I tried them out about a month ago).
    well i dont know what would of caused it to erase everything , but if it happens again i would have the phone replaced .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I agree with Shadavis08 that if it happens again... off to Sprint / Palm this phone goes.
    While I homebrew, I was not overclocking.
    The only app open with the screen off, was pReader. Then it wouldn't turn on again. I pulled the battery and started it up...
    A message appeared telling me there was an error, I needed to restart and sign in to my account again.

I'm going to do a partial erase per Shadavis08 suggestion.
    Hoping for the best!
    Before you guys try a partial erase, this happened to my old Pre months ago and I did one thing and it fixed it good as new.

WebOS Repair Utility.

Run that, it takes a little while but it keeps all your stuff in tact. I've always thought of it as the doctor without the doctor.
    Similar thing happened to me some weeks ago, my battery broke contact for a split second and the phone restarted.
    All apps gone, USB drive wiped.

I managed to salvage some stuff with data recovery software like Recuva and Testdisk.

Seems to me like in some instances where the phone reboots unexpectedly, the file system gets corrupted and is rewritten during reboot. Maybe the Pre checks the file system on reboots and if it finds any inconsistency, performs an automatic repair (file system check).

For example, my ringtones folder only contained the 'pre' ringtone, nothing else.

When the battery came loose a second time, nothing was lost at all. So this probably depends on the state the file system is in, when the reboot occurs.

HTH, uwer
    Last edited by uwer; 08/16/2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: file system check abbreviation censored