1.    #1  
    trying to figure out how but can't find it...i googled it and looked in the forum but no use
    Try the first one it should work to change font color to white,If you want a different color open the .patch and change the fff references to the hexcode you prefer.

If you are familiar w/ my scrim patches then try the second one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

3.    #3  
    sorry if I'm a newb at this but what do you mean by hex code?
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier.m View Post
    sorry if I'm a newb at this but what do you mean by hex code?
    Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

5.    #5  
    Help....i unistaled the patch and my text is still white. Wut do i do? any help is very appreciated
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Uninstall the patch.

Using wordpad, open up the patch that 2sslow kindly made and find the fff hexcode that he mentioned. It probably says something like "color:#fff". Change the fff to what ever code you want that represents the color you like from the Web Color link that he provided. Also if you see the word "white" in there change it to the hex code you want.

Save file.

Install patch.
    Last edited by preryan; 08/17/2010 at 04:23 PM.
  7.    #7  
    wow! I guess I must be doing something wrong or i have no clue what I am doing. I just want it black period. I guess i'll reboot the whole dam thing.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Its been a long time since I haven't used a scrim patch on my messaging but isnt the default palm messaging app use black font?
  9.    #9  
    yeh it does so i figured unistalling the patch would bring it back to normal but no the font colour is still white and with a white background thats is not rly fun to text with lol
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    if you uninstall the patch AND reboot your phone, you should be back to stock.
  11.    #11  
    I did do that but no use...
    Themes?

Follow the link below.

13.    #13  
    Okay so im really **** right now. i did a hard and soft reset and its still there. I guess the patches dont unistall them self with a hard reset also.How do u do a complete reset and bring back your palm to factory default?

Would it be because when my palm backs it self up it backs up the patchs also?
    how are you installing & uninstalling patches?

Just trying to help.
  15.    #15  
    i took the file 2sslow and transferd it to my pre using usb then open the file using internalz. Instaled it (when you open it, its says install patch) , when i unistalled it i did the same thing then restarted my phone but it was still there. i tried doing that a few time but still no use. I deleted the file thinking maybe it would work but nothing and now i did a soft and a hard (using palm support website) but all my patches are still there so i am out of idea....

any help is very appreciated
    ps. the person who can help me out, ill donate some $
    Try this:

1) Uninstall the scrim/patch.
    2) Reboot
    3) Using WebOS QI run the Emergency Repair Utility that Jason R. made.
    4) Reboot

This should fix your problem

OR

If you prefer to do it with the Pre alone, you can attempt using the Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware (this will remove all patches and should fix the problem too. Then you will have to reinstall any patches you want back.

1) Open Preware
    2) Under List of Everything - type in 'Emergency'
    3) Select 'Emergency Patch Recovery',
    4) Install
    5) Reboot
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 08/19/2010 at 09:43 AM.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  17.    #17  
    ill give it a try once i get home from work and let you guys know if it works or not....

Thanks alot !
    Cheers!
    No offence but you REALLY need to do some reading on how the .patch technology works.

Do a search for WebOsDoctor, thats what youll need to reset your Pre back to factory, It sounds like you have a theme installed that changed your font and now the patch is stuck.

Try the very helpful suggestions here (EPR) first, if that doesnt work you will need to go to the Dr.

Follow the link below.