Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    While on the road, I ended up having to doctor my pre. Then after that I had 1.4.5 update installed.

This is not the first time I've doctored, but this is the first time I've had this problem. After finishing and restoring from my profile, there's only 5 contacts now in my phone. 2 of them are sprint support and the other 3 are random ones from my old contacts.

What could have happened? I've doctored / re-profiled like 5 times before and always got my contacts back.

Do I have to run doctor again or is there a way to reconnect to profile and try again? I have a backup of them at home on my desktop, but that doesn't do me any good from here.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Ok, I figured out how to do a partial erase to then sign back into the profile. Waiting on that to finish now. Hopefully this time it gets all my contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by iclimb513 View Post
    Ok, I figured out how to do a partial erase to then sign back into the profile. Waiting on that to finish now. Hopefully this time it gets all my contacts.
    If they don't come back, just contact Palm Support and they can re-load an earlier backup of your profile where your contacts are all still there. Once they identify the backup where your data is, you will do the partial erase one final time to restore that profile.

It happened to me. Also, know that even though they may tell you that your device is no longer under warranty when they check, this type of support is free and will cost you nothing. So don't hang up. Stay on the line and they will get you taken care of.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    sometimes when this happens a simple partial erase will get your contacts back , because it forces you to sign back into your palm profile.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    It might suck depending on your feelings, but I recommend to move your contacts over to a Google account. Any newer device will be able to sync to it. There is a trick & patch to exports all of your contacts to a file you can upload to Google.
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I've mentioned this before, but I still use the Palm Desktop program on my computer as a main backup source. I've lost contacts in the Palm Profile a few times before, so I have no trust for that service. I can always keep a running, usable copy on my desktop via Palm Desktop which I can export part or all contacts if needed.
    I also had this happen to me, on more than one occasion. I went to preware and got the patch: Send all "Contacts" Via email. Check it out.

What cause all of your contacts to disappear still remain a mystery. (PS.) Before doing a webos doctor, go into contacts press Preferences & Accounts, make sure your default account is set to palm profile. Then press sync now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but I still use the Palm Desktop program on my computer as a main backup source. I've lost contacts in the Palm Profile a few times before, so I have no trust for that service. I can always keep a running, usable copy on my desktop via Palm Desktop which I can export part or all contacts if needed.
    How do you use Palm Desktop with the Pre? I can't figure this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    how does palm desktop work ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    How do you doctor a pre while driving?
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    How do you use Palm Desktop with the Pre? I can't figure this out.
    I don't use it "with" the Pre, just as a source of a backup. I've lost contacts too many times, so if I need to add missing contacts, I can pull them up on the Palm Desktop and add them manually, or via the Palm Transfer Utility. It's a great way to keep a local, editable backup.

Hopefully, the next version of the OS will bring back the ability to sync to a program like this - not be a required program (like iTunes) but an add-on for those who want a little more control.