1.    #1  

...a lot of them.

On Touchstone: My friend's AT&T Pre
    Middle: My Bell Pre
    Below: Top secret Bell Pre Plus prototype (a.k.a. Verizon Pre Plus waiting for board swap)

And I have 2 more dead Bell Pres coming in...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    In my family, we got 6 palm pres (:
    I'll bet you have dozens of touchstones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I'll bet you have dozens of touchstones.
    Actually I only have two... and one Palm USB charger. One at home that came with my phone, another I bought from Rat Shack with a knockoff Nokia adapter.

Though my second potential dead Pre may come with one.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

1) Is that AT&T pre plus unlocked and running on a Canadian carrier?

2) If that top secret verizon/bell pre plus works out, post up some pics so the rest of us can do it :P
    vzw selling them for 9.99 on line.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    1) Is that AT&T pre plus unlocked and running on a Canadian carrier?

2) If that top secret verizon/bell pre plus works out, post up some pics so the rest of us can do it :P
    1. Yep. Complete with Canadian catalog.

2. Actually take a look here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ion-guide.html

I would assume the conversion would be putting bellmo instead of sprint.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Does that AT&T Pre Plus have a good working GPS by any chance? I'm having a hell of a time with the GPS on my ATT Pre Plus. I've never gotten a GPS fix (and I've had it since it came out!) until today when I installed the GPS Fix app. Even then, the accuracy is very poor.

I'm using an AT&T SIM, roaming on Bell Mobility in Canada. A Bell Pre I got here with me has amazing GPS compared to mine (although that one has oreo problems).

- Jason
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I like how the little center button looks on the middle pre, i wish mine had one. :P
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Here are some more Pre phones in various states ....

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I wonder why Experia Pre's Palm Pre's OS version number was covered in the last pic? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Furuboru View Post
    I wonder why Experia Pre's Palm Pre's OS version number was covered in the last pic? :P
    Palm has an early access program for developers. That was 1.4.5

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Mmmm sexy...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Palm has an early access program for developers. That was 1.4.5

-- Rod
    In the nicest way possible... SDK Terms 1a...
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    When a particular version is publicly released, the NDA on aspects of that particular version is automatically lifted (see the post on this matter from Chuq).

The existence of the early access program is published in the public developer forums.

WebOS Internals takes NDAs very seriously (unlike some other developers who leak things to news outlets like PreCentral before a particular version of webOS is publicly released by Palm).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 08/16/2010 at 08:05 AM.
    ...not to sound like a "Richard", but 1.4.5 is in the wild for a while now. No disclosure rules on something that's known.

(Yes, I'm a palm dev)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When a particular version is publicly released, the NDA on aspects of that particular version is automatically lifted (see the post on this matter from Chuq).

The existence of the early access program is published in the public developer forums.

WebOS Internals takes NDAs very seriously (unlike some other developers who leak things to news outlets like PreCentral before a particular version of webOS is publicly released by Palm).

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    ...not to sound like a "Richard", but 1.4.5 is in the wild for a while now. No disclosure rules on something that's known.

(Yes, I'm a palm dev)
    I'm aware that 1.4.5 is out, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Relevant SDK Terms 1a
    acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Beta SDK Program and the materials provided to you hereunder (“Restricted Materials”) are of a confidential and sensitive nature.
    That's what I was saying.. Not the part about 1.4.5. I know that's been out for quite some time.

And I take NDAs seriously too. I don't know why people leak info, but they just seem to feel it is necessary.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    You just answered a question I had in my mind earlier when I bought a second Touchstone for the office: can you charge the Pre when the keyboard is exposed. Thanks!
    I'm aware that 1.4.5 is out, but:
    All the clauses are preceded by the following overriding statement:

"These non-disclosure restrictions are in place until the software is released to the public by Palm."

What that means is that someone who is part of the early access program for webOS version X cannot say anything (including whether or not version X is in early access testing, or whether they are testing it) until version X has been released to the public. After version X has been released to the public (which is the case for webOS 1.4.5), all non-disclosure restrictions related to it are no longer in place.

If you have a different interpretation of this NDA, it might be best for you to speak to your lawyer about it, unless you happen to be counsel for Palm or HP, in which case please contact me formally about it, rather than making vague accusations of an NDA violation in a public forum thread about pictures of multiple devices.

-- Rod