Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    I have not yet tried to, but I am wondering if I can move some of my songs( all in itunes) to my pre? I have tried to find the thread, but all i find is the back and forth about updates. Is it possible at this time?

P.S. I find it funny the "pre" is not in the spell check? With all the nit picky hyper smart people in these forums I would have thought we would have a patch for that...
    Mac or PC?
    Unless you have a version of itunes below 9/1 it won't work without 3rd party syncing software
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I have not yet tried to, but I am wondering if I can move some of my songs( all in itunes) to my pre? I have tried to find the thread, but all i find is the back and forth about updates. Is it possible at this time?

P.S. I find it funny the "pre" is not in the spell check? With all the nit picky hyper smart people in these forums I would have thought we would have a patch for that...
    Yes, you can move songs from iTunes very easily. Just connect your phone to your computer via USB. Create a music folder on the Pre in the root of your USB drive on your Pre (/media/internal if you are looking using Internalz on the Pre). Then just select the songs you want and drag and drop them to the music folder you just created on the Pre.

Note... you will have iTunes open in one window and your Pre USB drive open in another window. iTunes will not recognize it as a device with the latest versions.

Everything comes over, album artwork, artist information, track info. Works like a champ. I have been using it for months.

You don't need any third party syncing software with this method.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/15/2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: addition
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts
    I am going to give it a shot. I am guessing that the media software on the pre will be able to play the songs. I haven't even used it. I am a Pandora addict.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I am going to give it a shot. I am guessing that the media software on the pre will be able to play the songs. I haven't even used it. I am a Pandora addict.
    Yes, it will play the iTunes format, MP3's etc. However it will not play any DRM protected music.

So I just buy all of my music from Amazon MP3. It's all DRM free. But I still like to manage it using iTunes.

EDIT.... I would also recommend downloading Music Player Remix from Preware. It has a lot more features than the stock music player.
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 08/16/2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Addition
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups