Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by reipsadeus View Post
    I do believe that I have had this sim card for at least three years and no my account has never been reactivated.

PS: I am about to call ATT tech support and see what they have to say, the higher level up tech support people over at palm should be calling me within the next couple of days.
    That sounds like the best course of action at the moment, hope it goes well. Let us know what they say.

Pip
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    That sounds like the best course of action at the moment, hope it goes well. Let us know what they say.

Pip
    Alright, well today I went into the ATT store and had them reactivate my account and provide me with a new sim card and after receiving twenty phone calls, on three of them the phone did not ring or vibrate at all. So unless anyone out there has a solution I am afraid I shall be leaving palm behind and adopting a black berry.

Much obliged for your time.
    Are you running Govnah/Uberkernal or using Preware a lot? I've had it happen to me before where my phone wouldn't ring, and the last time it was the settings I was using in Govnah...changed the speeds/profile and haven't had the problem since. Got the tip from somebody on these forums, they said the same thing was happening to them. The first time my phone wasn't ringing, I believe it was from using Preware. I've seen some posts that say to launch the phone app after running Preware or restart the device, because it'll use up the available memory and close out the phone process. Haven't had the problem since.

Just a thought
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ad1982 View Post
    Are you running Govnah/Uberkernal or using Preware a lot? I've had it happen to me before where my phone wouldn't ring, and the last time it was the settings I was using in Govnah...changed the speeds/profile and haven't had the problem since. Got the tip from somebody on these forums, they said the same thing was happening to them. The first time my phone wasn't ringing, I believe it was from using Preware. I've seen some posts that say to launch the phone app after running Preware or restart the device, because it'll use up the available memory and close out the phone process. Haven't had the problem since.

Just a thought
    Well I do have Preware installed but do not utilize it that often and that probably is not the issue seeing as how even before I installed anything custom, the phone was still having this problem. Thanks for your input though.
    On Wednesday I will probably go and get a blackberry torch and then shall find out whether or not it is the hardware or the network.

5.    #25  
    Well I have had my Blackberry Torch for about 10 days now and have not experienced a single issue with the device not ringing or vibrating. So do you guys suppose the network was not configured correctly or if it could truly have been the hardware?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12