1.    #1  
    Is there some way to check if the back cover on my Palm Pre Plus is touchstone compatible...?

Sorry if this was asked before, but I did search the threads and didn't find such info.

My back cover has two small metal tabs in it (on the internal side) - does it have anything to do with touchstone compatibility?

Thanks!

Marcin
    it has a matte finished to it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/14/2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: edited typo for clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gajdzin View Post
    Is there some way to check if the back cover on my Palm Pre Plus is touchstone compatible...?

Sorry if this was asked before, but I did search the threads and didn't find such info.

My back cover has two small metal tabs in it (on the internal side) - does it have anything to do with touchstone compatibility?

Thanks!

Marcin
    If it's not glossy... then it's touchstone compatible.
  4.    #4  
    That was easy... :-) Thanks!!!

It's matt. I'm off to buy the touchstone :-)

Marcin
    don't forget to see if the touchstone bundle is still on sale for 9.99 at verizonwireless-- free overnight shipping too! (but someone has to be home to sign for the package)
    you can find it by searching for Pre accessories, and click on the link for all chargers-- it's bundled with a car charger.

try this link:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...=3632&return=a
  6.    #6  
    Wow, you just saved me quite a bit of cash!

THANK YOU!

Marcin
    glad to help!
    Much more important than the color and finish is whether or not it has 2 metal contacts that come in contact with the 2 pins on the underside of the phone. If you have that, it's touchstone ready. Also, the inside of the back cover will have the magnets covered by plastic tape. Simply put, if the inside of your back cover has nothing there, it's not touchstone ready.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Much more important than the color and finish is whether or not it has 2 metal contacts that come in contact with the 2 pins on the underside of the phone. If you have that, it's touchstone ready. Also, the inside of the back cover will have the magnets covered by plastic tape. Simply put, if the inside of your back cover has nothing there, it's not touchstone ready.
    A little struggle with the back cover, and... yes, the 2 metal contacts are there!

Thank you

Marcin