Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    im just wondering if ther is a maximum number of apps/web links/contacts and so on in 1 launcher page,ive been saving alot of webpages/bookmarks 2 my launcher plus dowloaing apps and adding contacts but i havent been organizing/moving them (im just 2 lazy lol) but will i get 2 the point when i cannot save anymore to that page,surely the page can only be so big but how big is too big?
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    im just wondering if ther is a maximum number of apps/web links/contacts and so on in 1 launcher page,ive been saving alot of webpages/bookmarks 2 my launcher plus dowloaing apps and adding contacts but i havent been organizing/moving them (im just 2 lazy lol) but will i get 2 the point when i cannot save anymore to that page,surely the page can only be so big but how big is too big?
    That's a good question, which I don't know the answer to.

Most of us have installed one of the patches that lets us add and delete pages to the launcher, that way we can easily organize them, however we like.

Personally, with a phone that allows me to scroll sideways from page to page, with no lag, I found it annoying to have to scroll down. So, I added extra pages and organized my apps, so I don't have to scroll down, at all.

You can also use patches such as those for 4x4 or 5x5 icons, so your icons are smaller and you can fit more on a page.

I use 4x4 V5 and still usually keep no more than 12 icons on a page, though I am sure as I add more stuff to my phone, this will probably grow to 16 icons.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    im not a fan of the 4x4 patches tbh i like that the page isnt that busy plus i have the reduce drag radios 10px patch so it scrols down alot smoother,i also have the add/remove pages patch and have 5 pages but i never use them any more they jst have the stock apps wich i never use lol
    I use the 5x5 patch and 8 pages, and I still have to scroll both sideways & down.

Too many apps I guess.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #5  
    but how many stock icons can u have in 1 page is the question lol

does any1 actual know???????????
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    but how many stock icons can u have in 1 page is the question lol

does any1 actual know???????????
    Probably whoever knows how many licks to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I'm up to 64 at the moment on page 1
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Too many apps I guess.
    There is no such thing as too many apps.

I use 4x4 and multiple pages like a lot of others here, I have each page as a catagory (New Arrivals, News, Main Apps, Games, System, Crappy Games that I won't delete for some reason, and apps I almost never use) Yet despite my organizationing, I have one page that has 48 apps on it, so it looks like it can store quite a few (that is my new arrivals page, it takes me forever to sort all the newly downloaded apps to where they need to go... thankfully the advanced launcher options make it SO easy)
    Probably as many apps that are in the app catalog.

ET
    I have mine set up so I do not scroll for anything,,added pages and named pages,,everything orginized to the t. One page for music stuff,another for games,tool,etc,etc. No scrolling. Except for first page,which is all launch point contacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have mine set up so I do not scroll for anything,,added pages and named pages,,everything orginized to the t. One page for music stuff,another for games,tool,etc,etc. No scrolling. Except for first page,which is all launch point contacts.
    Launchpoint makes is so much easier to contact someone, doesn't it? Really minimizes the amount of cilcking you have to do. I discovered it the other night and downloaded it right away.

The people I contact the most are not icons in my launcher, I just click and an email or text is populated, I just have to type my message and send. The only thing I wish it did differently is when you use it for email, it automatically skips your cursor down to the message body, so you have to move it back up to add a subject line, it would be neat if it could just start in the subject line.

Anyway, from the comments on here, I am guessing that no one has found a limit, yet, to the number of icons you can have on a single launcher page.

I'm about to add another launcher page, so I can have a separate one for my launchpoint icons.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    64 stock or patch related?
    Does the amount of you have in launcher affect how many cards you can have up?
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    that would annoy me
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    that would annoy me
    Me, too! For some reason having a ton on one page drives me insane and I couldn't stand it. That's the whole reason I added the patch to add/delete pages. I prefer to just flick sideways.
    we'll with the help of 2 teenage sons, I now have 10 Pages. I do have them kind of organized. But, 1 of those pgs is up to 76 Apps on it. I actually have no problem scrolling. I was in the Verizon store here a month or so ago, and the girl that talked me into getting my pre plus said that was the MOST apps she has ever seen on a phone...lol The only problem I do have & she noticed too, is that it takes FOREVER for my phone to restart. So, I'm guessing there really isn't a limit, but how long do you want to wait on a restart? The way I'm going, it will take a day to restart this thing one day...lol
    Well, they have always been slow to restart. Where you doing a full device restart? Those are especially torturous. Luna Restarts are much faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Me, too! For some reason having a ton on one page drives me insane and I couldn't stand it. That's the whole reason I added the patch to add/delete pages. I prefer to just flick sideways.
    you keep flicking and flicking and flicking and flicking and yeah -_- haha.
    it's great,not only do I never scroll,but the name pages patch just allows me to tap screen,open a list of all my pages,and press which one I need.
    I'd got nuts if I had to scroll down too far to find my apps. I scroll down just a little. I have 8 pages and things organized ever since adding the 4x4 v1 (works the best with my fav theme), named pages and add/delete pages patches installed. Plus the Advance Configuration for App Launcher patch allows for launcher pages to wrap. So when I get to the Library launcher page (my last page) and swipe left, I wrap back around to the Main page (my first page). Sweet!

My pages:
    Main
    Entertainment
    Tools & Utilities
    Apps & News
    Web Pages (chose nice icons so have a page of "bookmarks" that look like app icons)
    Travel
    Games
    Library (ebooks/audio books)

How are your pages organized?
    Last edited by qwiklight; 08/14/2010 at 10:32 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast