Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    don't think there is a limit a buddy of mine installs everything and never moves it. Over 100 apps on his first page.....good thing we have univ. Search
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhiz8577 View Post
    don't think there is a limit a buddy of mine installs everything and never moves it. Over 100 apps on his first page.....good thing we have univ. Search
    universal search is a god send lol i use it all the time but thers always sometimes when my mind goes blank and i can't think of the name of the app lol few swipes and bang its ther
    haha... ya know... its so odd... im used to working in command line all the time, but for some reason I can never remember the name of any of my apps, I navigate them purely by site alone, recognition of the icon. Its rather sad...

I use universal search for everything else though... hands down the best thing that ever happened to my mobile... cant wait for it to become a "true" universal search
    I'd got nuts if I had to scroll down too far to find my apps. I scroll down just a little. I have 8 pages and things organized ever since adding the 4x4 v1 (works the best with my fav theme), named pages and add/delete pages patches installed. Plus the Advance Configuration for App Launcher patch allows for launcher pages to wrap. So when I get to the Library launcher page (my last page) and swipe left, I wrap back around to the Main page (my first page). Sweet!

My pages:
    Main
    Entertainment
    Tools & Utilities
    Apps & News
    Web Pages (chose nice icons so have a page of "bookmarks" that look like app icons)
    Travel
    Games
    Library (ebooks/audio books)
    Hey quiklight,

How do you make web pages an icon on a launch page? That would be very cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Hey quiklight,

Navigate to a webpage, tap the menu, go to page, and add to launcher.
    I'd say as many as you can until the phone memory limit is reached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Hey quiklight, qwiklight

1. Launch web browser
    2. Navigate to a page that you'd like to "bookmark"
    3. Tap "Web" from upper left menu
    4. Tap "Page" from the drop-down menu
    5. Tap "Add to Launcher"

Here is a screencapture of my launcher page of "bookmarks" as icons:

Launcher Web Pages.png

The process for getting the nice looking icons is a bit more involved and was detailed in the webOS roundup app. Here are the steps as outlined in that app. Credit is given to Qasim for showing us how to do this.

1. Find the icon you want first. Let's say you want to make a link to ESPN's website. Search "ESPN logo" in your mobile browser. When you find a nice one, tap it.
    2. In the Google picture viewer, select "View Full Size" (upper right-hand corner)
    3. Your picture should now be in the upper left-hand corner of the browser. Open the browser menu in the top left hand corner.
    4. Tap where it says "Page," then tap "Add to Launcher."
    5. As you can see, the ESPN log is slightly off-center. Click the icon to edit it.
    6. Zoom and center your logo just how you want it. (Note: sometimes when you do this the icon will be too big to fit in the square. You may have to go look for another logo that's a smaller size.)
    7. You're almost done! Now just change the icon title (as it will appear in your launcher) and the proper URL. For longer web addresses, it's recommended you have it already copied and ready to paste.
    8. CONGRATULATIONS! You're done. Now repeat this for all your favorite websites and your launcher will look purrrty!

***Of course, to REMOVE any bookmarks in your launcher, just hold the orange button (or gray for Plus models) and tap the icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by djuvee View Post
    64 stock or patch related?

sprint stock pre, no patches,preware,oc or themes.
    I actually kinda wonder about that too, but the max limit of one page. I'm one of those weirdos who keeps everything looking original, so I put additional apps on the second page only, first and third still intact.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Just ran a test and got 137 on one page. I don't believe there is a limit.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Just ran a test and got 137 on one page. I don't believe there is a limit.
    surely thers a limit,i mean thers got 2 b a restriction on how far you can scrowl down
    surely thers a limit,i mean thers got 2 b a restriction on how far you can scrowl down
    They'd have to write a limit into the code. So if they dont write in a limit, it would be unlimited.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    What I have done, 1st page has everything I mostly access with an Icon 4x4 so I've got 16 there.... my music apps, news app, weather. 2nd page is all my games and time killers (usually accessed by icon cuz I never know what I am in the mood for). 3rd page is the productive apps I use but not as much as the ones on page 1 (you tube, sprint tv, navi, etc). Then I have like 3 more pages slightly organized (including my quick book mark links).

I use universal search for pretty much everything not on my first 2 pages (contacts/sms/those quick web bookmarks/apps).
    So far I haven't seen a scroll restriction on any app/web page/etc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12