Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    So I finally got the extended battery with Touchstone mod, and am wondering about the battery indicator on the Pre. I finally got the big ******* charged to 100% yesterday evening, and it won't come down at all now. Played Need for Speed for a half hour last night prior to bed, surfing WIFI at home this morning, and now off WIFI at work and the phone still says 100%.

    My question is does the phone understand there is now a bigger battery installed? Is it going to say 100% all the time when it is above 1150 mah? I'm just curious, because this thing can't be staying at 100% with the usage I've thrown at it. Is there anything I need to do to my Pre for it to recognize the larger battery?
  2. #2  
    No it will drop it just takes time. I have the 3800 installed on my pre. And yes my pre looks like a mouse for a computer but hey I don't have to charge the phone at all only at night.the battery last all day.
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
  3.    #3  
    OK, I guess I'll buy that......but just got done streaming Pandora for another half hour and the phone still reads 100%........there is no way that since 7PM last night with playing NFSU, surfing the net this morning, and now streaming Pandora that the phone hasn't chewed up at least one percent of the battery? Something seems strange.
  4. mrtonk's Avatar
    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    #4  
    Just keep going until the battery dies. Perhaps it will reset once it charges back up and the device restarts.
  5.    #5  
    OK, started overclocking for a couple of hours and finally got the thing into the nineties.......guess it does drain, but the 2600 sure does let the device get some work done before the battery even registers a drain. Glad this battery seems to work nicely....and thanks to Steve??? for the touchstone mod....the extendo battery seemed necessary but I didn't want to move away from touchstone charging.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nobilo View Post
    OK, started overclocking for a couple of hours and finally got the thing into the nineties.......guess it does drain, but the 2600 sure does let the device get some work done before the battery even registers a drain. Glad this battery seems to work nicely....and thanks to Steve??? for the touchstone mod....the extendo battery seemed necessary but I didn't want to move away from touchstone charging.
    Thank you sir
    Need a case or battery touchstone compatible? I just released my OtterBox case that works with the Touchstone. Check out the links below.

    Some user feedback here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ouchstone.html
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by nobilo View Post
    OK, started overclocking for a couple of hours and finally got the thing into the nineties.......guess it does drain, but the 2600 sure does let the device get some work done before the battery even registers a drain. Glad this battery seems to work nicely....and thanks to Steve??? for the touchstone mod....the extendo battery seemed necessary but I didn't want to move away from touchstone charging.

    i know there are other threads that somewhat relate to this, but i have a quick question: how do you feel about the size of the new battery? i live with my pre plugged in, basically, and really could use the 2600. however, one of my favorite things about the device is the size/shape. i know it is completely subjective, but for you, has the size difference been that noticable?

    anyone else, fell free to chime in too.
  8. #8  
    I have the 2600 as well and think it's a great investment. The way the original phone is, I get hand cramps if I text or email too long on it. Also it's much easier to open with one hand and feels more natural in your hand. I use my phone heavily and overclock it to 1ghz and can easily get 12 to 14 hours out of it. If you really want to enjoy this phone's abilities i'd highly recommend it. I came from a xv6800 and there was really no difference for me.
  9. #9  
    I have had the battery since last year. I love it. Steve modded my back and it worked perfect. Forgot to take back and battery out and took it to sprint for a repair and they broke the top tab to let it stay closed. Waiting till eom to get a replacement from steve.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by darksine View Post
    I have the 2600 as well and think it's a great investment. The way the original phone is, I get hand cramps if I text or email too long on it. Also it's much easier to open with one hand and feels more natural in your hand. I use my phone heavily and overclock it to 1ghz and can easily get 12 to 14 hours out of it. If you really want to enjoy this phone's abilities i'd highly recommend it. I came from a xv6800 and there was really no difference for me.

    Ditto
  11. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #11  
    I was amazed at how my 2600 worked the first time I used it. I went a hole day and then some. I did notice the first time however that it went from about 13% to almost dead the first time. Got a little scared by the big drop, but that only happened the first charge. Awesome battery. Just with Seidio knew how to keep their extended case in stock. Been waiting over a month to get a case to fit. Scared I'm going to drop this thing and damage it.
  12.    #12  
    I personally like the extended battery....as others have stated, its a personal preference thing. However, if you are going to OC, and are a heavy user......I see almost no way around it. I really liked the feel of the stock pre originally, but now that I'm used to typing and the slightly more textured back of the Seidio, I couldn't imagine going back. Nice to have both options IMO.

    I imagine I will use the stock back and battery on days when I know I won't need tons of battery and will value not having the extra bulk, and use the extended back the rest of the time. Also, with the touchstone mod you don't have to give up the beauty of touchstone charging......and don't have to open the micro-usb slot very often, so it will save your hinge door, which we all know potentially has a limited lifespan. I highly recommend the mod if you are a touchstone fan and want the extended battery.
  13.    #13  
    On another note.......I set my Pre with the extended battery next to my girl's Pre......and the difference really isn't as big as you think. It does feel like a massive difference at first, but now when I grab her device, it seems like a toy compared to the tank-like feel of mine.

    BTW, there are several threads describing the difference in feel between the stock batteries and the many extended varieties.....do a search if you want more input on the feel.
  14. #14  
    I love the Sedio 2600! It is a little on the large end...feel like I'm strapped w/ an old BB but the functionality(xtra battery life and comfort) I get from it way outways the sacrifice in form.

    The Case issue was frustrating at first but picked up a BB hip holster that works perfectly...problem solved!

    Took a few days to break in the battery and achieve normalcy but your Pre should adjust nicely.
  15. dbodner's Avatar
    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #15  
    I love my 2600. At first it felt big, and it certainly feels bigger in my pocket. I've gotten a few smirks about the size of it, but in my hands it does feel better, and I can now go 2 days on normal use between charges, whereas before I was pretty much glued to my charger. Well worth it, for me.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by igobytony View Post
    i know there are other threads that somewhat relate to this, but i have a quick question: how do you feel about the size of the new battery? i live with my pre plugged in, basically, and really could use the 2600. however, one of my favorite things about the device is the size/shape. i know it is completely subjective, but for you, has the size difference been that noticable?

    anyone else, fell free to chime in too.
    I find it very comfortable to hold, and it still fits into all the same pockets it did before.

    I bought the 2600 Seidio to use on a vacation where it would be hard to charge the phone during the day, and I'd planned to switch back to the old, slim battery when I got home, since I have a touchstone at work and battery life is much less of an issue. But I like not worrying about the battery running down so much that I've never gotten around to switching back. :-)

    I do miss the touchstone, though. How can I mod the back? Or who can I buy a modded back from? I would dearly love to have a touchstone-usable 2600 battery & cover.

Posting Permissions