Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Hi,

I unable to open the "Messaging". I tap on the Messaging icon, but nothing happened.

However, if a new SMS arriving, I can open the Messaging app to read the new SMS, but I can not swipe back to the main Messaging screen. If I closed the current SMS, then no way I can open the Messaging anymore, unless there is a new SMS come in.

Can anyone help.....?????

Thanks.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Have you done anything to make this happen? Patch? Messed with system files?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I never messed with the system files. I only installed a few popular patches from FREEWARE. But I have uninstalled them one by one, but still unable to open Messaging.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    are you sure installed the correct version from Preware? Check your feeds and webos version.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Is there any Tool that I can repair the messaging?

I also suspect that there was a SMS with some special characters that crashed my Messaging.
    If you do a search on here, you can find the WebOS Repair Utility, download it and let it scan your phone. It will alert you to any damaged or corrupted files and you can have it repair them.

It's a better first step than doctoring!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If you do a search on here, you can find the WebOS Repair Utility, download it and let it scan your phone. It will alert you to any damaged or corrupted files and you can have it repair them.

It's a better first step than doctoring!
    Thanks Verwon. I have tried the WebOS Repair Utility. It only restore 1 file and my "Messaging" still not working. I tap on the "messaging" icon, nothing happen.

Anymore ideas??? Thanks.
    In Preware you can run EPR and it might fix your problem. You will lose all patches installed on your device.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    In Preware you can run EPR and it might fix your problem. You will lose all patches installed on your device.
    Hi mamouton,

What is EPR? where can I run EPR within the Preware? How to run EPR?

Thanks for your help!
    I read from another forum. that happens if someone sent u a SMS with a carriage return.. and you have to clear all SMS in the memory
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orckiller View Post
    I read from another forum. that happens if someone sent u a SMS with a carriage return.. and you have to clear all SMS in the memory
    orckiller,

Do you know how to clear SMS in the Memory?

Thanks.
    Do you know who sent you the SMS? May be you can try to ask that guy to send you another blink SMS.. I read it from some chinese forum.. i am trying to look for that post and let you know if i found it.
    It happens to me sometimes. Usually, i just wait a little and it starts to work fine or i just shut down the phone and restart.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Finally, I fixed it!!!!

First, i copy the Palmdatabase.db3 from my Pre. Then I use sqlite3 client, to open the Palmdatabase.db3, delete all the SMS messages, and copy the Palmdatabase.db3 back to my Pre. Restart Luna. Bingo! it is working now!

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far!
    Good to know, I was worrying that I can't find the previous post.. will someone able to come up with some better fix on that.. I don't think it is good to have to clear the SMS every time...
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy View Post
    Finally, I fixed it!!!!

First, i copy the Palmdatabase.db3 from my Pre. Then I use sqlite3 client, to open the Palmdatabase.db3, delete all the SMS messages, and copy the Palmdatabase.db3 back to my Pre. Restart Luna. Bingo! it is working now!

Can you please give a better explanation of how to find the sms records in the palmdatabase.db3? cannot find my sms there and really don't want to doctor my pre again....
    Pilot 1000> Palm Pilot Personal> Palm III >Palm V> Palm Vx> Palm m505> Palm m515> Tungsten T> Tungsten T2> Tungsten T3> Treo 680> Palm Pre> Pre2> Pre3+Touchpad 32GB
    This just happened to me too. Suddenly to open Massaging since receiving a dubious sms.

1. Is there a simpler fix for this without having to doctor or lose all messages (if possible)?
    Last edited by De_Zire71; 09/21/2010 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadmy View Post
    Finally, I fixed it!!!!

plz give me the link of the sqlite client.. im also having the same problem
    Sqlite here:

SQLite Database Browser - Browse Files at SourceForge.net

I am trying to delete a range of SMS from the table as multiple selete of record rows and then hitting the delete record button does not work (it only deletes one record)

What would the Sql statement be?

I tried
    delete from com_palm_pim_FolderEntry where (index >=0 and index <=100)
    but the sqlitebrowser 'hung'
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    hie.. m also facing same problem in Palm Pixi Plus... cant open "Messaging" i,ve read all the solutions but will you please temme that how to find " PalmDatabase.db3 " . , not able to find this file even in hidden files please guide others if you,ve got the solution