1.    #1  
    Hey everyone,

I had my Pre connected to an WinXP PC yesterday and it would not eject and unfortunately I had to force my Pre out by disconnecting the cable. I got a notification telling me that some files were damaged but have been repaired. I thought everything was fine til a few hours later I noticed that my stock ringtone was defaulted when i got a call and now ALL my ringtones are missing. I happened to look at my pictures also, and my entire Photo Roll is missing. I had a good 800 pics and i had very little backed up. I just got back from vacation and losing these pictures would ultimately suck. Is there anyway I can retrieve this. Doctoring maybe? I'm not sure. Any input would be great.

Thanks
    Have you tried hooking it back up to your PC and looking for them? Don't Dr. You will lose your pics.
    There are tools that others hve mentioned in the forums here for recovering lost files. Search for undeleting files, or file recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    Have you tried hooking it back up to your PC and looking for them? Don't Dr. You will lose your pics.
    On the contrary doctoring doesn't erase pics,videos, or apps downloaded from the app store. What does get erase are: Patches, overclock kernels, and themes.

@VDubDan, At this time.. Do not perform any doctoring on the device. If your pics wasn't damage by not correctly ejecting it from your computer, then they should still be available on your phone. Connect your phone via usb mode.

Best of luck.
    Yes, the doctor no longer touches and erases the USB drive. They fixed that awhile ago.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post

@VDubDan, At this time.. Do not perform any doctoring on the device. If your pics wasn't damage by not correctly ejecting it from your computer, then they should still be available on your phone. Connect your phone via usb mode.

Best of luck.
    I'm running on Ubuntu 10.04, and when I connected my Pre i searched all over and I couldn't find anything. I'm sure the pics are somewhere in there. I'm just struggling. But when I pressed eject, It asked me if I wanted to delete files that were in the recycle bin but my recycle bin was empty. I said no and the phone ejected successfully. That makes me believe that they're somewhere in the device. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    There are tools that others hve mentioned in the forums here for recovering lost files. Search for undeleting files, or file recovery.
    I've done some searching. Just haven't gotten my hands dirty yet. Hopefully I find them soon. THANKS!
    Windows Mobile 6.x (boring but managed to make it fun) ---> Android (got annoyed with the loads of force closes & random resets) ---> webOS (not looking back)
    Quote Originally Posted by VDubDan View Post
    I've done some searching. Just haven't gotten my hands dirty yet. Hopefully I find them soon. THANKS!
    There are some decent free undelete utilities on CNET.com under the downloads section.

Just make sure and don't write anything new to your USB drive until you have run the undelete utility. You will risk overwriting some potentially recoverable sectors.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups