1.    #1  
    im getting ready to install 1.4.5. everytime i update i can never find epr in preware so i end up removing all 21 patches i have one at a time. i tried running epr through quick install but it does nothing. can anyone help me. iv looked through the forum and cant find anything on this subject.
    Open Preware, then tap "Available Packages", then tap "Lunix Application", then tap "Utilities"
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Better yet...open Preware and just type "emergency"
    Or perhaps tell the person that they don't have to remove all of their patches to do the update? Just themes and a certain small list of patches, which can be found in the patches forum!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    im getting ready to install 1.4.5. everytime i update i can never find epr in preware so i end up removing all 21 patches i have one at a time. i tried running epr through quick install but it does nothing. can anyone help me. iv looked through the forum and cant find anything on this subject.
    The vast majority of patches found in preware these days are AUPT compatible... meaning they wont affect your update and will even reinstall automatically (if an updated version exists) using preware after the update.

There is only a small list of patches that are not AUPT compatible... and they were announced multiple times on the precentral main page, here in the forums and a few other places as well.
    Finally, someone else that pays attention! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Yes, the only patches that must be removed are these:

GestureClick Context Menu
    KeyToss Keyword Search
    Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    Multi Mod
    SMS Tone per Contact
    SMS Tone per Contact v2
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    Scrim Multi
    Scrim Multi v2
    Scrim Multi o2
    Scrim Multi o2 v2
    Scrim Multi Verizon
    Scrim Multi Verizon v2
    Scrim System Screens
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8.    #8  
    sorry i only get on here when i have a problem. didnt know i dont have to remove every patch. but i still cant find epr in preware. i type emergency and the only thing it brings up is limited emergency button. it doesnt even have a lunix application. it doesnt matter anyway. thanks everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    sorry i only get on here when i have a problem. didnt know i dont have to remove every patch. but i still cant find epr in preware. i type emergency and the only thing it brings up is limited emergency button. it doesnt even have a lunix application. it doesnt matter anyway. thanks everyone.
    Check your feeds, you probably don't have the feed for webOS Internals turned on. Just go to Manage Feeds in the drop down app menu after Preware loads, to check.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So Ive read everything here regarding Pre-Ware and the patches. I have updated my feeds rebooted my phone and updated to the latest pre-ware. I snagged all of my patches using pre-ware and assume they are AUpt compatible cuz I had none on the list. I have not been able to restore ANY of my patches, However Ive heard people here say all I did is it update and all patches are restored..I have a saved list in pre-ware showing all my patches. 4x4 icons, battery %, hang up on close, reset to 1st page....is anyone currently using these patches on 1.45.1? Or are we all waiting for an update? IE are they just placeholders on our phones awaiting the developers of the patches to update?
    James

Update...even though I had been updating my feeds and all were selected...I was not getting patch updates. I turned all feeds off then updated feeds...turned all feeds on again and it finally updated with updates to all my patches...Im happy and sorry to sound like a jerk...these phones and software can be quircky
    Last edited by wireguy; 08/16/2010 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Found solution