1.    #1  
    Is it just me or when i send myself patches as an email attachments they are sent with 0 kb?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Mine didn't do this. Are you trying to use Internalz to install a patch you email to yourself?

If so, what email are you using?

I noticed that it didn't work when I tried to use a web email, I had to make sure I used the built-in Pre email in order for Internalz to pop-up and recognize the patch.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Mine didn't do this. Are you trying to use Internalz to install a patch you email to yourself?

If so, what email are you using?

I noticed that it didn't work when I tried to use a web email, I had to make sure I used the built-in Pre email in order for Internalz to pop-up and recognize the patch.
    yes i sent myself email attachments to install patches with internals, but i dont think it has to do with the 1.4.5 update bc when i c the patch on my laptop on gmail it still shows 0 kb
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #4  
    i guess no one else is seeing this problem?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I had the same prob today with mamoutons multimod fix patch. But installed an ipk from email w/ no prob... B4 update I was able to install patches, but I haven't tried with any others yet...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    I had the same prob today with mamoutons multimod fix patch. But installed an ipk from email w/ no prob... B4 update I was able to install patches, but I haven't tried with any others yet...
    yeah b4 the 1.4.5 update, the patcher worked great but im starting to think its precentral. because if i open the email on my laptop the attachment shows 0kb
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm getting the same with some backgrounds I "sent" today from another thread.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    I know that there is a post where Jason said there is a problem with PreCentral and if you just try to download the patch, from your phone, it will download as an HTML link to the patch, which of course does nothing if you install that.

You have to use the actual link beside the patch file to email it to yourself and then install it from there.

I was able to install warlord's animated launcher background patch last night, with no problem. I emailed it to my built-in phone email and it installed with Internalz right away.

I wonder if there is something else odd going on with PreCentral?
    The only time I had one show as 0kb was when I sent it to my junk email, which doesn't come to my regular phone email, so I tried to forward it to that address.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah b4 the 1.4.5 update, the patcher worked great but im starting to think its precentral. because if i open the email on my laptop the attachment shows 0kb
    I also think the problem is with precentral. I was trying to email myself a patch using the "Email Attachment" link, and install it with internalz. All I would get, for the past few days, was a blank file. I then download the patch from my computer (using the download link) and emailed it to myself. I was then able to install the patch with internalz.
    I think it's a PreCentral thing..i try to open up the file from my PC's browser and i still get the blank pages. I will let Dieter know
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Fixed! Sorry for the downtime.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I tried installing Avatar-left side, inverted screen/keyboard brightness, and Date as carrier string, via e-mail link / internalz - they appeared to install correctly and prompted the luna reset, but the patches never worked. All files appeared to be zero bytes too.

I'm really missing those patches... ;-(