Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just noticed on the verizon website, they are currently out of stock of pres. Good sign? Hopefully something is in the works.

Enter your location
    Sold out in my area
    Available in my area (Denver Metro).
    No! This seems like what I have feared. HP/Carriers are sick of dealing with WebOS with low marketshare, and discontinue it. I have long feared we are witnessing the death of WebOS. Is this what is happening???
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    No! This seems like what I have feared. HP/Carriers are sick of dealing with WebOS with low marketshare, and discontinue it. I have long feared we are witnessing the death of WebOS. Is this what is happening???
    We can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    We can only hope.
    I don't think "we" would want this to happen. This is bad lol
    In my area (mid IL) I have noticed they have moved the Pre+ to the bottom of their smartphones page. Isn't this reserved for the best/most expensive phones?
    There used to be a Palm stand at at my local store and now that was replaced with netbooks and the Pre/Pixi are hidden in the corner next to two Droid displays.
    Considering the word droid is absent in the name, it was only a matter of time before verizon sold the 8 units they ordered.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Trollers never win.

I'm thinking they blew off the virtual shelves when Verizon dropped the price another $20 yesterday, to $29.99. Figures...I paid $49.99 just three days ago. Happens every time! But if I'd waited, I might not have gotten one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceNC View Post
    Trollers never win.

I'm thinking they blew off the virtual shelves when Verizon dropped the price another $20 yesterday, to $29.99. Figures...I paid $49.99 just three days ago. Happens every time! But if I'd waited, I might not have gotten one.
    I'm pulling for this possibility. Let's gets some phones back in stock and sell 'em!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceNC View Post
    Trollers never win.

30 Day Price Guarantee! Go back to the store.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Maybe Palm is finally burning through their stock of Sprint Pres and Verizon Pre Pluses. Might be a good sign that Verizon is getting the next phone at the same time as Sprint.

This might also be why Palm is taking their sweet time releasing the new hardware. They know they won't sell any old hardware when new hardware is announced, and with Verizon sitting on so many units they needed time to sell them.

At least the Pre Plus launch on Verizon wasn't their worst for the year. (I'm looking at you Kin)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Sold out here too (central IL), $29.99, and moved to the bottom of the page for my location also.
    Jolie

"If my Pre were a man I'd marry him!"

I don't need to understand the way you think I need to, I understand the way I think I need to.
    Interesting......
    it's been on vzw since jan 26, about 7 plus months, which is around the avg life span of smartphones these days.

vzw has been selling more of them recently, as suggested by the rapid increase in number of reviews on their website.

vzw only ordered one shipment of pre's back in jan and palm stated vzw was not purchasing any more. So there was a limited quantity to start with.

and finally, I'm sure HP has bought some phones to distribute to be made available to their workers.

so all in all, vzw is finally selling off their stock of pres and pixis and the device will hit end of life after the summer (their summer catalog featured the pre on the front page).
    Hmm. Sounds to me Like it's time for a new device. I only wonder how long of a wait there will be until new hardware is available for Verizon...
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    How many devices did Verizon order back in Jan.?
    AT&T (Chicago area) seems to be out of stock on the Pre Plus too...Crossing my fingers and hope this means new hardware soon.

PalmĀ® Pre (TM) Plus Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T
    Sold out in Knoxville as well... Maybe it's because of the cheap price and the free mobile hotspot... or one can hope. It would be nice to see new hardware for WebOS but I feel like VZW doesn't care about WebOS or the hardware, only their precious Droids...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast