Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Man, same ole typical responses. The doom and gloomers have somehow jumped to the conclusion that V is discontinuing Palm products. Really? How about you enjoy your phone and see what happens with Palm and V in the coming months. I would hazard a guess that Verizon will carry the next Palm device as well as ATT & Sprint.
    I don't want Vzw to discontinue the Pre, esp since I want one, hehe, but I think this is what is happening. I think the Pixi hasn't sold out yet because they are less popular.
  2. danib62's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    #62  
    They're still in stock in Boston.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
  3. #63  
    Auburn AL here and no Pre s. but they have pixi s.

    I would be sad if vzw dropped it altogether without getting the Pre2+. I love my pre and haven't had to send it back. I have talked to a couple of droid X users who are happy with their phones, and the x is big!!! but I am happy with my pre and keep looking for new apps. got some cool ones, as well as some nice patches. I love that it's open and there are some cool patches. As soon as I graduate [Master's in IT] I'm going to have time to develop some apps and my first choice is the WebOS. I would also love to see a WebOSPad hPad? HPad? whatever! I have an iPad and the only thing I hate about it is the closedness of the OS. and the "no flash" no WMV, no ... ARGH@!! Apple. If I didn't get it free, I wouldn't have it! lol
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    They're still in stock in Boston.
    "please come to boston." she said "no... Wait, did you say they hav PREs in stock? I'll be on the next plane!!!"
  5. ChanceNC's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardes View Post
    Yup yup! Call verizon or go to the store. I got mine for $50 in April and exactly 30 days later it dropped to $20! Went to the corporate kiosk in the mall and got $30 credited back to my bill. Make sure it shows up on your myverizon account immediately though. When I had originally got my envtouch they said they price adjusted but it never showed up on our bill. So just make sure it went through!
    Follow up: a phone call was necessary. I went by my local store on Saturday and (no offense to weekend workers) their "second string" was on duty and not particularly helpful. I called today and a very nice gentleman honored the online price, despite the fact that the Pre Plus is showing out of stock. Way to go VZW!
  6. #66  
    interesting - I was able to purchase a new pre from Verizon Enterprise site for work...

    also, I found out that HP is selling them directly for FREE - that's why you can't get them from the providers.
  7. #67  
    Let's hope that this is related to the recent leak in the blog for october
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    No! This seems like what I have feared. HP/Carriers are sick of dealing with WebOS with low marketshare, and discontinue it. I have long feared we are witnessing the death of WebOS. Is this what is happening???
    Why would you think running out of a model would signal "the death of WebOS"? Why do you think that they have even "discontinued" it rather than simply running out?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    We can only hope.
    I can understand you feeling that way. The "death of WebOS" would certainly save you from a meal of crow...
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I can understand you feeling that way. The "death of WebOS" would certainly save you from a meal of crow...
    Geeezzzz I don't hate WebOS that much it's just funny how denfensive some get.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why would you think running out of a model would signal "the death of WebOS"? Why do you think that they have even "discontinued" it rather than simply running out?
    well because for a while now it seems that all I hear on the forums is "verizon doesn't like WebOS and they are too busy with android" beyond that I keep hearing that VZW and other carriers are just waiting to run out of stock because they bought too many and aren't going to order any more. On top of that, Vzw salespeople have been hating on the Pre and Pixi and ushering people to android devices. So yes, when many different areas suddenly ran out of Pres I got a little suspicious. And Verizonwireless.com doesn't even say "will ship by X Date" they just say "Out of stock"

    It seems to me that this could be the trend of the carriers: "get rid of these last phones so we don't have to deal with them anymore." All I hear are people talking about how the carriers are sick of dealing with problems/returns and low commission.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    well because for a while now it seems that all I hear on the forums is "verizon doesn't like WebOS and they are too busy with android" beyond that I keep hearing that VZW and other carriers are just waiting to run out of stock because they bought too many and aren't going to order any more. On top of that, Vzw salespeople have been hating on the Pre and Pixi and ushering people to android devices. So yes, when many different areas suddenly ran out of Pres I got a little suspicious. And Verizonwireless.com doesn't even say "will ship by X Date" they just say "Out of stock"

    It seems to me that this could be the trend of the carriers: "get rid of these last phones so we don't have to deal with them anymore." All I hear are people talking about how the carriers are sick of dealing with problems/returns and low commission.
    You should prolly stay off these forums for a while and step out into the sunshine. The reality is most likely what e-gadget guy found. The reality is that you can still walk into an ATT, Sprint or Verizon retail shop and purchase webOS phones. Reading stuff here and not using your own common sense and logic will leave you in a world of hurt and have you reading too much into things if you chose not to processing these theories using a bit of logic and common sense.

    You can bet that the next webOS phones will show up on all three carriers and that HP is all in on webOS so don't fall prey to some of the outlandish commentary you read here.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    You should prolly stay off these forums for a while and step out into the sunshine. The reality is most likely what e-gadget guy found. The reality is that you can still walk into an ATT, Sprint or Verizon retail shop and purchase webOS phones. Reading stuff here and not using your own common sense and logic will leave you in a world of hurt and have you reading too much into things if you chose not to processing these theories using a bit of logic and common sense.

    You can bet that the next webOS phones will show up on all three carriers and that HP is all in on webOS so don't fall prey to some of the outlandish commentary you read here.
    That seems to go along with the october rumor of a Pre 2... not adandoning, upgrading. There is also big talk of a PalmPad running WebOS 2.0...nice!
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    You should prolly stay off these forums for a while and step out into the sunshine. The reality is most likely what e-gadget guy found. The reality is that you can still walk into an ATT, Sprint or Verizon retail shop and purchase webOS phones. Reading stuff here and not using your own common sense and logic will leave you in a world of hurt and have you reading too much into things if you chose not to processing these theories using a bit of logic and common sense.

    You can bet that the next webOS phones will show up on all three carriers and that HP is all in on webOS so don't fall prey to some of the outlandish commentary you read here.
    That is actually exactly what I needed to hear lol. I have been worried about wether to upgrade to the Pre plus next week or wait until pre 2 comes out. The recent rumors and your post have definitely restored faith in me and I will wait for as long as I can for the Pre 2. I just read e-gadget's post and he beat me to it. I totally agree. I doubted this before though because there has been no substantial leak in a while.

    EDIT: just checked www.androidcentral.com and not to post more doom-and-gloom, but there is no talk of a pre 2 on Verizon's updated device roadmap, but I feel this is due to Palm not announcing it to them yet
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    That seems to go along with the october rumor of a Pre 2... not adandoning, upgrading. There is also big talk of a PalmPad running WebOS 2.0...nice!
    and hopefully WebOS 2.0 is released simultaneously for phones and the palmpad
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Geeezzzz I don't hate WebOS that much it's just funny how denfensive some get.
    Defensive?? I thought I was being understanding. It was your statement that indicated a "hate", mine only indicated you were wrong in constant pronouncement of doom and gloom.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    well because for a while now it seems that all I hear on the forums is "verizon doesn't like WebOS and they are too busy with android" beyond that I keep hearing that VZW and other carriers are just waiting to run out of stock because they bought too many and aren't going to order any more. On top of that, Vzw salespeople have been hating on the Pre and Pixi and ushering people to android devices. So yes, when many different areas suddenly ran out of Pres I got a little suspicious. And Verizonwireless.com doesn't even say "will ship by X Date" they just say "Out of stock"

    It seems to me that this could be the trend of the carriers: "get rid of these last phones so we don't have to deal with them anymore." All I hear are people talking about how the carriers are sick of dealing with problems/returns and low commission.
    You believe the naysayers way too much. Actually, I was much more concerned about the fact that Sprint wasn't reducing prices. Carriers don't want to run completely out of a phone as long as people are still under contracts. They don't want to have to give you a different phone. I suspected Sprint was keeping the price high because they didn't want to run out.

    On the other hand, it's hard to sell the old model of a phone when the brand new release is sitting right next to it...

    Trust me, HP didn't spend $2 billion to have Palm go away. Reast your weary mind and quit worrying.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You believe the naysayers way too much. Actually, I was much more concerned about the fact that Sprint wasn't reducing prices. Carriers don't want to run completely out of a phone as long as people are still under contracts. They don't want to have to give you a different phone. I suspected Sprint was keeping the price high because they didn't want to run out.

    On the other hand, it's hard to sell the old model of a phone when the brand new release is sitting right next to it...

    Trust me, HP didn't spend $2 billion to have Palm go away. Reast your weary mind and quit worrying.
    hehe excellent point. that slipped past me
  19. #79  
    Ok, So I've been watching online and waiting for my 50.00 renewal credit date to arrive. They went out of stock online a few days ago with an end price of 29.95, with talk that Verizon was clearing them out in advance pending the 'Pre 2'. I look today, and they're back in stock online, at the previous 49.95 price. I called Verizon and explained that I'm 4 days from renewal but I'm concerned that they'll go out of stock again, for good.

    The customer service gal was very helpful. She said they could overnight a Pre Plus for me for the 49.99 price - my 50.00 credit, early= 0 dollars, and credit the 14.99 overnight fee on my acct. WOW..

    Some may think I'm foolish, but I really like Palm, despite their shortcomings. I've had a Tungsten E and currently have a Centro. I know the Pre is not Palm OS, but I've been reading through this forum and am excited with the potential of WebOS. I would have been bummed to have missed the opportunity of owing one for possibly another year as the new hardware made the rounds on another carrier... I guess It'll be interesting how I feel a year from now.... Take Care

    .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions