1.    #1  
    I'm sitting at my desk at home. My faithful Pre+ resting comfortably nearby on it's Touchstone. When all of a sudden; and without me touching it, the contacts app opens up, then the calendar opens up, followed by the email app. ***! Then the phone app comes on and dials my voice-mail. I grab the device and flick off all the apps thinking it's a random hiccup. I place the phone back on the touchstone and go get a cup of tea. When I come back it's doing it again! Anyone have any idea what's going on? Has my Pre been hacked? I was using Wi-fi to connect to my local network at the time. It's a secure network, but could Wi-fi be part of the issue?
    Same thing happened to me... first thing even if your using a touchstone make sure its the palm charger with it, second what I did is to just take out the battery, give it a couple minutes let it reboot and see what goes from there, even after I rebooted it did it a little bit, take just let it sit, not charging with the screen off, at least thats what I did and it worked fine
    this is John Conner. You must destroy your palm pre+ while you have a chance. Your phone has gained artificial intelligence. It is hacking the white house servers to setup program called cyberdyn to manufacture Terminators. The world's fate is in your hands. Destroy your phone NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The palm pre plans to destroy all Iphones but the fate of the human race is in danger at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sothrowd08 View Post
    this is John Conner. You must destroy your palm pre+ while you have a chance. Your phone has gained artificial intelligence. It is hacking the white house servers to setup program called cyberdyn to manufacture Terminators. The world's fate is in your hands. Destroy your phone NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Turn off terminator salvation
    my Pre Plus got so bad ATT replaced it for me 3 wks ago, so far so good but my first lasted a bout a month though. I was so disgusted if under 30 days I would have walked away and never looked back.
    There are several things that can cause this, one that was already mentioned in regards to the chargers.

It's also happened with some types of screen protectors, removing them usually solves the problem.

It has also happened due to dirty screens. Cleaning it usually stops the problem.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It happened to me but without the screen protector it's better.
    maybe it's activating a friendly terminator to protect him/her/us from the androids taking over?
  9.    #9  
    I was using the Palm charger with the Touchstone, and my Pre+ doesn't have a screen protector. (I was thinking about buying one though.) The screen does look a little dirty due to finger marks. I can fix that easily enough. If it happens again I'll try the other suggestions (battery removal, etc.) Thanks to those who responded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    my Pre Plus got so bad ATT replaced it for me 3 wks ago, so far so good but my first lasted a bout a month though. I was so disgusted if under 30 days I would have walked away and never looked back.
    Because Palm are the only company that have faults with their phones. Luckily for you your irrational emotionally driven decision was prevented by AT&T's 30 day policy, otherwise you'd have inadvertently waved goodbye to the best mobile operating system on the market.
    Maybe your Pre has fleas.

Is your house extra dry/have static (like in the winter when you rub your feet on carpet and touch something) in the air? The other day I was wiping my phone's screen with a damp paper towel and the screen was on and some of the touches of the paper towel were registering as touches, even though my hand was not that close to the screen (it was a wadded-up paper towel, so my fingers were at least two inches off the screen).
    on a similar "possessed" theme, while using my phone I noted the volume was very low and the battery was running down somewhat faster than usual today. so I increased the volume. there was music playing in the background, and I didnt have any apps open! I checked music player, music player remixed, dr. podder, slacker, pandora, the web, everything, and couldnt find anything playing the music. the only update I performed today was updating bfg maps and preader, in the app catalog.

I "fixed" this problem by resetting the phone, but WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT?

has this happened to anyone else?
    I am currently facing the same problem w/ my pre (not a +). It starts pulling up apps and you can see ripples on the screen as though someone is touching it. I have a ton of problems w/ my device - most of them I caused since I don't take good care of it - but this seems like something beyond my control. The worst part is that occasionally doesn't recognize it when I touch it myself. Oh and by the way, I have been charging my pre using the touchstone as of late myself (for a few weeks now)...the micro usb connection is broken so touchstone is the only way to charge it now!
  14.    #14  
    Last night it happened again. My Pre+ resting on the Touchstone and it starts going crazy. (Again, I am using the Palm charger and cable that came with the phone to power the Touchstone.) The Pre has no screen protector and is clean. So I pick up the phone and flick off all the apps that were opened without me touching the phone, and place it back on the Touchstone, and it happens again. Looks like an invisible finger is touching the phone and opening up apps. Then I notice that I'm also my Ipod is charging right net to my Pre. I move the Ipod away from the Pre and the "invisible touches" go away. I place the Ipod back, next to the Pre and the problem comes back. Thoughts?
    ya this was happening to me also(i have a sprint pre) i cant remember if it was before or after ii started to use the touchstone charger. what had happened was that my whole screen started to get worse it looked like a ghost was touching it. i eventually thought it would go away and was also looking for fixes online but it ended up being my screen was going out, i started getting dead spots where i couldn't touch it at all. so i ended up going to the sprint store and the replaced my phone,for FREE, and now im on my second phone and never thought i would leave my first one but now i have no problems with it.well except that a screw fell out of it from the inside.i dunno weird but it still works
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
    I'm sitting at my desk at home. My faithful Pre+ resting comfortably nearby on it's Touchstone. When all of a sudden; and without me touching it, the contacts

app opens up, then the calendar opens up, followed by the email app. ***! Then the phone app comes on and dials my voice-mail. I grab the device and flick off all the apps thinking it's

arandom hiccup. I place the phone back on the touchstone and go get a cup of tea. When I come back it's doing it again! Anyone have any idea what's going on? Has my Pre been hacked? I

was using Wi-fi to connect to my local network at the time. It's a secure network, but could Wi-fi be part of the issue?
    Have you considered an exorcism?
    You need an !