1.    #1  
    hello on my iphone and droid I have used rdio and rhapsody. Is there any streaming music application for the pre?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Grooveshark streams music on demand for aprx $3 per month but my experience with them has been spotty.

Music was taking longer and longer to load especially if I created a playlist.
    I've canceled my subscription after a few months

I believe they may have a free trial
    Quote Originally Posted by nextjeter2 View Post
    hello on my iphone and droid I have used rdio and rhapsody. Is there any streaming music application for the pre?
    There are several, I believe our most popular is Pandora, but there are also several others available for download and purchase. I don't remember the names of them all, but you can find more details in the Apps forum and the Homebrew forum.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Pandora and Slacker

EDIT:

RadioTime for AM/FM/some internet streams
    Last edited by wushu2004; 08/13/2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Radio Time is the best streaming app if you like listening to regular radio.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I use RadioTime a lot, which streams many terrestrial(FM and AM) and online radio stations, and its FREE. There's no need for an account(unless you want to save presets), it's very easy to browse, search, and navigate, and even uses you gps location to try and give you a list of the possible local stations near you. Highly recommended!
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    I have Ampache running and it is fantastic. It will take some time to set up but once you are complete you have your full music library wherever you go. This is a free application, and all needed apps to set up the server are also free.

Check it out here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...he-mobile.html
    IIIxe -> Handera 330 -> Tungsten C -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre-, Pre2 & Touchpad 32

http://about.me/robert.whisler
    Pandora, Slacker, RadioTime, AccuRadio

free
    frei
    gratis
    Prē
    RadioTime and UberRadio are both good for streaming regluar radio stations.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  10.    #10  
    No I mean like on-demand like rhapsody where you can play whatever u want. Kinda like renting music
    FWIW, I LOVE Radio Paradise.com It's very eclectic, but I really enjoy the variety. I find myself looking frequently at the screen to see what's playing... It's listener supported, as well. I've sent a few bucks their way, but it's not req'd

Take care
    No I mean like on-demand like rhapsody where you can play whatever u want. Kinda like renting music
    Maybe AccuRadio would fit the bill.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Pandora and Slacker are the closest you're gonna get.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I use my blog to stream my favorite music channels directly from di.dm radio.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Grooveshark should do exactly what you want. You can listen to whatever you want on-demand. And, you can create custom playlists to listen to anytime. I have "mix" playlists, playlists for single artists, and playlists for single CDs. If I hear a song I like on the radio, I just add it to a playlist and listen to it whenever I want. You should also be able to upload your iTunes or WMP library, but I haven't tried it.

In order to access the service from a mobile device you need a VIP account which is $3.00 a month. Considering I haven't needed to buy a CD since getting it, it has been well worth it. It is ad free with the VIP membership.

For the first few months after the Pre app launched, it was glitchy. But more recently it has worked very well for me.

Good luck!