Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    I have a palm pre and I am happy with it even though I am electronically challenged. I have a few questions that I would love a answer too. But to let you know a bit of info which is I already had to get another palm pre due to the fact the other one is a bit defective.

    1. How do I transfer my memo notes to my other phone once I get it.
    2. how do I set up my "signature" on my text messaging (exm: when I send a text is has my name at the end of my text messages)
    3. how do I set up my text message app to be at the bottom of my screen as a defualt app alone with my email icon, my contact icon, my calendar icon and the phone icon.

    Thanks a Bunch!
    Gerald
  2. #2  
    1) those are backed up to your Palm Profile and should restore when you sign into your profile on the new phone.

    2) you'll need to install the Message Signature patch

    3) With your app launcher screen pulled up, hold down on a quick launch app you want to move, it will glow, slide it into the app launcher to move it. Then, in the app launcher, hold down on the messaging app till it glows, slide it down to the quick launch.

    It's been a while for me, but I thought the Messaging app was on the quick launch by default.
  3. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #3  
    You'll want to get Preware to install patches. (It's not the only way to do it, but it's definitely the least user-intensive.)
  4. #4  
    And just a little warning, the message signature will also apply to any IMs you send.
  5. #5  
    hey, I'm new (to the forum) as well and was wondering about changing the home apps on the bottom.

    I have another question- is there a way to set up timestamps for every text/IM/whatever you receive in the messaging app? it drives me crazy only having sporadic timestamps!
  6. #6  
    I prefer the patch Timestamps Clean
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  7. #7  
    great, thanks!

    ...errr how do I get patches? haha
  8. #8  
    (I am googling all this as well, but I figured I might get a response here quicker)
  9. #9  
    You need to install Preware

    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10. RMB175's Avatar
    Posts
    418 Posts
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekelly View Post
    (I am googling all this as well, but I figured I might get a response here quicker)
    I would recommend using the "search" button at the top on this page, rather than googling.
    Everything you need, you can find in this forum. You don't need to visit any other site.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekelly View Post
    hey, I'm new (to the forum) as well and was wondering about changing the home apps on the bottom.

    I have another question- is there a way to set up timestamps for every text/IM/whatever you receive in the messaging app? it drives me crazy only having sporadic timestamps!
    Hi Kelly and Welcome to the P|C forums!

    To change the apps listed in the Wave Launcher at the bottom of the screen, follow NachoB's directions above (#3 in his list).

    For your second question, there are a couple of patches available in Preware that you can add that will allow you to have a time/date stamp added to every incoming msg.
    Go to: Preware/ Available Packages/ Patch/ Messaging/
    (look in there for Timestamps)

    Enjoy your webOS device and the P|C forums!
  12. #12  
    And for someone new that may not know, because I didn't when I first got my Pre, you can rearrange all of the icons on your launcher pages or even more them from page to page via that same method. Click and hold and then drag it where you want it.

    Really comes in handy to keep your phone organized!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I would recommend using the "search" button at the top on this page, rather than googling.
    Everything you need, you can find in this forum. You don't need to visit any other site.
    haha, yeah, I figured that out when everything I found led here. I'm still learning the layout of this forum, so google was easier for me at that point. thanks for the tip though!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi Kelly and Welcome to the P|C forums!

    To change the apps listed in the Wave Launcher at the bottom of the screen, follow NachoB's directions above (#3 in his list).

    For your second question, there are a couple of patches available in Preware that you can add that will allow you to have a time/date stamp added to every incoming msg.
    Go to: Preware/ Available Packages/ Patch/ Messaging/
    (look in there for Timestamps)

    Enjoy your webOS device and the P|C forums!
    thank you!
  15. #15  
    Love the forums & help you all give
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You'll want to get Preware to install patches. (It's not the only way to do it, but it's definitely the least user-intensive.)
    People on this forum are way too quick to suggest Preware, especially in this case where the OP has said he's 'electronically challenge'. webOS is still an excellent full-featured operating system without Preware and its patches and some may argue it's more trouble than it's worth to add an IM signature.

    Give the poor man a few weeks, maybe a month to get to know his device.
  17. #17  
    Uh, then what would you suggest they do to get signature and timestamps added to the messaging app?
    They obviously came here looking for ways to do these things since you can't with a stock Pre/Pixi. To respond that it can't be done would be asinine and counterproductive to the community that makes up Precentral and WebOS.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/14/2010 at 08:26 AM.
  18. ght
    ght is offline
    ght's Avatar
    Posts
    772 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    People on this forum are way too quick to suggest Preware, especially in this case where the OP has said he's 'electronically challenge'. webOS is still an excellent full-featured operating system without Preware and its patches and some may argue it's more trouble than it's worth to add an IM signature.

    Give the poor man a few weeks, maybe a month to get to know his device.
    We'll, two of his three needs mentioned in the first post can only be solved through patching, so what would YOU suggest for him, if not Preware?
  19. #19  
    all I know is that after I started patching, I kicked myself for not doing it sooner... I'm definitely no computer guy, and found installing preware, overclocking, mobile hotspot etc. Real easy. Also knowing that if I mucked something up, I could just doctor the phone added peace of mind!
  20. #20  
    In 90% of cases people are suggesting Preware for the hell of it and this has annoyed me for while now. I admit I picked the wrong thread to express this annoyance, in this example it's the only way forward. However, my alternative is for him to consider whether or not the effort involved warrants the reward.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions