Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    all I know is that after I started patching, I kicked myself for not doing it sooner... I'm definitely no computer guy, and found installing preware, overclocking, mobile hotspot etc. Real easy. Also knowing that if I mucked something up, I could just doctor the phone added peace of mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    my alternative is for him to consider whether or not the effort involved warrants the reward.
    And the answer is an unqualified "Yes! Yes it does", as hatchettjack's and many other similar posts show.
    Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    In 90% of cases people are suggesting Preware for the hell of it and this has annoyed me for while now. I admit I picked the wrong thread to express this annoyance, in this example it's the only way forward. However, my alternative is for him to consider whether or not the effort involved warrants the reward.
    Preware is not a solution to a problem for people to suggest just for grins and giggles. Both it and WebOS Quick Install are tools to use to gain added functionality you cannot get any other way on WebOS devices.

Do you have a different preferred method for helping people when they are asking for ways to gain additional functionality not included with the stock WebOS configuration? Outside of that, there isn't any other reason to suggest using PreWare.

Additionaly, it took as much or more effort for you to type these two posts as it would for the OP to install Preware using the standalone installation method.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12