1.    #1  
    Okay, so I have Verizon now but am switching to AT&T. I had the Pre with Verizon and Sprint both. I enjoy WebOS way more than I enjoy any other operating system.? I had the Pixi with VZW and Sprint also. I actually kind of enjoyed the Pixi more (keyboard mainly). But I am just wondering if I should buy the Pre or Pixi now or wait on another WebOS device?
    I would go Android but if you really want WebOS then try to buy something used so you can upgrade when new hardware does come out.
    You might be able to just keep your current Pre on AT&T, since both them and Verizon use GSM.

However, if you do have to get another one, then getting a used one is the best advice.

I'm on Sprint, but wanted a Pre, so I got a used one for a great price on Ebay. I keep my full upgrade eligibility and can always use it at some later point, if I want, if a great new phone comes out.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    You might be able to just keep your current Pre on AT&T, since both them and Verizon use GSM.

However, if you do have to get another one, then getting a used one is the best advice.

I'm on Sprint, but wanted a Pre, so I got a used one for a great price on Ebay. I keep my full upgrade eligibility and can always use it at some later point, if I want, if a great new phone comes out.
    Thanks but I'm pretty sure Verizon is CDMA, T-Mobile and AT&T are GSM.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I would wait for the next WebOS to come out.

Uhhhh, verizon and sprint are cdma... at&t and t-mobile are gsm... verizon and at&t devices arent cross compatible even if they are both pre plus
    Quote Originally Posted by rllong1 View Post
    Okay, so I have Verizon now but am switching to AT&T. I had the Pre with Verizon and Sprint both. I enjoy WebOS way more than I enjoy any other operating system.? I had the Pixi with VZW and Sprint also. I actually kind of enjoyed the Pixi more (keyboard mainly). But I am just wondering if I should buy the Pre or Pixi now or wait on another WebOS device?
    No one knows for sure- when we will be seeing any new hardware. Actually, I would say go for the pre instead of the pixi. There is so much more to the pre. ( my opinion)
    Yep Verizon is CDMA which means no talk and data and bad battery drain in poor signal areas.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    No one knows for sure- when we will be seeing any new hardware. Actually, I would say go for the pre instead of the pixi. There is so much more to the pre. (In my own opinion)
    Your right, no one really has a clue when the next WebOS device will be out. So I could be waiting for a very long time. Also, the Pre does outperform the Pixi in every way but I just love the Pixi keyboard.
    Sorry, I am really not greatly familiar with the other networks, my apologies!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I've fretted over this for the past while.. I'm (mostly) happy with Verizon and have been waiting for the Pre to arrive. When it landed on Verizon, I had several months to go for my upgrade date. I'm a couple weeks to go on the credit, and the way I figure, the new hardware will be exclusive to another carrier. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the Pre.

They say, 'a bird in the hand'........... Take care

P.S. Just checked, and the Pre is out of stock online. Maybe the new device is closer than we think?
    Last edited by Btravelen; 08/13/2010 at 10:25 PM.
    I had the Palm Pre when it first came out and it was a good phone for the time but that time has long past and the company is no longer what it was. My suggestion is to get an HTC EVO as it is the best phone I have ever used be it palm, Iphone 3g or 4g , or any android device. The EVO is bar none the best all around device. The battery life could be better but that can be solved with an extended battery.