Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Trying to keep from losing the files on my usb drive, but I'd rather doctor my phone than spend hours emailing myself photos and documents. Here goes nothing.

And it's chica to you, buddy!
    On reading your thread it seem that you either don't have the phone in developer mode, or palm pre driver is not active on your PC.

The only way to fix this issue is to wipe the phone clean, and start off fresh. Type in www.palm.com/rom and proceed to do a webos doctor.

To proceed with this there is some steps to follow. First: Go to device info and right down the serial number of the phone. Turn the device off then remove battery, hold down the volume up button, replace the battery and connect the usb cable both to the phone and computer. whilst still holding down the volume up button. When you see a white image appear on the screen, then release the button and your all set.

Best of luck.
    Ok, chica dude.
    Good luck, doctors are pretty painless these days.

The old doctor did in fact erase the entire phone, now though, it leaves your usb area alone.
  5.    #25  
    Unfortunately, I can't doctor, not even from recovery mode. It's not recognizing that my phone is connected. Can't use the repair utility either. Gonna try getting rid of all patches I downloaded and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by runaraven View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't doctor, not even from recovery mode. It's not recognizing that my phone is connected. Can't use the repair utility either. Gonna try getting rid of all patches I downloaded and try again.
    Patches have nothing to do with performing a webos doctor. Your computer isn't recognizing your phone being connected to it.

Your missing something. What you could do is... Do a full erase on the phone. That might fix the problem.

Good Luck.
  7.    #27  
    I'm not missing anything. Only thing I haven't done is the full erase because I haven't been able to backup my usb drive. But since it's not likely I'm going to be able to get to my usb, I'm gonna have to go through the pain of uploading everything manually online.

The connection issue and the usb problem are connected. RMB's link at least let me know I'm not the only person this has happened to. Sucks none-the-less.
    Well, I've told you all I know. I've had a similar problem like this, and I download palm pre driver onto my computer, connect my pre to it and it palm pre driver was enable. It show a icon on the right hand side at the bottom of my PC. (Windows XP)

Enjoy the rest of your day.... Chica.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just had the same problem. Not only would the USB menu come up when plugged into the computer the phone would not work, the 3G connection would not work, and the phone would only charge if it was turned off. I had been trying to install Freetether and had put USBpassthrough on my phone. Appearantly I must have changed a setting in it that got stuck, even though the setting were changed back to none. I first tried uninstalling USBpassthrough, nothing. I eventually reinstalled it. Next I went to each catagory and changed to another setting. I then set each catagory back to none. The signal strength meter and 3G icons reappeared and the USB menu popped up when I plugged into my computer. Give this a try, hope it works for you.
    are there any other computers you can try from? Also make sure you aren't using a usb hub, connect directly to the computer and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsbane View Post
    are there any other computers you can try from? Also make sure you aren't using a usb hub, connect directly to the computer and try again.
    Godsbane, I gave you a thanks on a prior post, because I was reading through the thread wondering if ANYONE was going to tell them that the doctor no longer erases the USB drive, or if I was going to have to do it, after I was done reading it all. LOL!

And as to a phone not being detected by a computer, I have had this happen, several times. On my laptop, the USBs were fine, but sometimes I would have to do a restart to get it to recognize my phone. Especially if I had already hooked it up and disconnected it, a few times.

My roommate has also friend his USB ports, they can go bad.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Use the task manager to End Task on novacom if it is running. Then try to get to USB mode without starting novacom again.
    Quote Originally Posted by runaraven View Post
    I'm not missing anything. Only thing I haven't done is the full erase because I haven't been able to backup my usb drive. But since it's not likely I'm going to be able to get to my usb, I'm gonna have to go through the pain of uploading everything manually online.

The connection issue and the usb problem are connected. RMB's link at least let me know I'm not the only person this has happened to. Sucks none-the-less.

It happen to me. Nothing work. it was offline last night till maybe 12 today. Was wondering if you got it to work. I wanted to save pic.Before i go to sprint & find out what going on or if they will swap it. Mine is still a pre virgin (lol). But I remember the last thing i open was the SPAZ app and it froze. Then it went offline. Told my self it will be back to normal in the morning. It turn on but i cant get the usb to connect did everything that was mention on here but no luck. runaraven did you get it to work?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Sometimes just restarting your computer helps. That happens to me a lot, I just do a simple computer restart and it comes back.

Make sure it's in developer mode. I forget that too.

If nothing works, call the doctor.
    all you have to do is hit the start button and in bring up the services menu or run box and type in services.msc and scroll down to palmnavacom and right click it and hit restart.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16.    #36  
    I've tried multiple computers, multiple usb cords (all Palm OEM), restarting, stopping and restarting novacom, trying different usb slots. I do not have a usbhub. Doctor does not recognize my phone is plugged in either in normal or recovery mode. I've tried every erase option the phone itself has and they just freeze up and do nothing. I'm going to try reinstalling usbpassthrough as bdnremtp suggested and see if I can get it to work.
    please check that dev mode is on . When you check to see if it's on you should see the woed off. If you see the word off , this means it's on. If you see the word on , this means dev mode is off. Get it ? This messed me up the first time as well . And I'm just trying to make sure that dev mode is on. If your using windows vista I have a modified novacom driver that I fixed to work with it. Because novacom driver and vista don't get along well. Send me a message or pm with email and I will send it to you after work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18.    #38  
    It's a no go. I still cannot get my phone into usb mode. Still cannot erase. Still can not Doctor. Still can not get anything to recognize my phone other than charge it. What is going on?!?!?!
  19.    #39  
    My dev mode is on. I'm on Windows XP. My laptop is on Windows Vista. Nothing on either.
    did you try the orange key + sym key+ u key ? HIT ALL THREE AT SAME TIME.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast